Search Unity

RigidBody Constraints inspector disappeared?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by brianbraatz, Apr 24, 2013.

1. brianbraatz

brianbraatz

I am using Unity 4- My main project's inspectors no longer has the "constraints" section of the rigidbodies where I would select "freeze position"..

Anyone had this problem? Or am I losing my mind?

Is there some kinda logic somewhere that makes that part of the inspector disappear? Maybe i accidentally set the "screw with Brian" flag in the "evil tricks to play on people" tab in the project settings?.....

2. brianbraatz

brianbraatz

Ok replying to my own thread with a fix in case anyone else has this problem and finds this thread.

this LOOKS to me like a bug- but maybe the Unity people can weigh in if this is supposed to be normal functionality...

BASICALLY- in the upper right of the inspector - click to the right of the padlock- you can select "Normal" or "Debug"

"Debug" shows you internal script variables-

but debug ALSO HIDES the Constraints section of rigidbody!!!!!!!!!

So the fix is - select "Normal" again on that list and all is well and now you can edit the constraints of a rigidbody...

I dont know if that is intended to work like that? Maybe to save screen space when in debug mode?

3. agentsmith

agentsmith

I'm having this same problem with Unity 4. I have a project updated from Unity 2.6 -> Unity 3 -> Unity 4 and even after following your steps the rigidbody contraint properties in the inspector do not appear.

If I start a brand new project or a project upgraded from Unity 3, then they do appear. I tried to create a new project and copy the files over but I think its a meta file of some kind that is keeping perhaps backwards compatibility flag on and that disables the new "Rigidbody" class... just a guess.

4. industry01

industry01

Same problem here and it is very annoying... Going back and forth between normal and debug doesn't change anything.
    By the way, all the assets and scripts were created in 4.x so it doesn't look like it is related to compatibility issues, IMHO.

5. sputnikbar

sputnikbar

Hi,

Would I dare bump this thread ?
    Same issue here.
    Is that something Unity choosed to remove from the editor ?

6. sputnikbar

sputnikbar

Hi, it's me again...

I saw this week-end that when more than one object were selected, the Constraint Section appeared again.
    Very weird.

kmarkley likes this.
  7. wyattbiker

wyattbiker

Has there ever been a fix for this? When I go from Normal to Debug it loses the Constraints in rigidbody. Using Unity 4.5.5f1 - Thanks!

8. jrbarcha

jrbarcha

If setting Inspector to Normal doesn't work, then there maybe a file named something like "RigidBodyEditor.cs", which overrides the RigidBody Inspector settings in the Editor. Just go to the file and comment out all.

Attached Files: