Search Unity

Question Right to Left and Arabic support for Labels?

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by khorozian2, Jul 21, 2022.

1. khorozian2

khorozian2

Currently, it seems like uitk doesn't have support for RtL nor Arabic characters. I tried looking up solutions, but it doesn't seem like anybody has had the issue. I was wondering if there is a solution for this, and if not, are there plans to support them in the future?

Yakirbu and shuntecoud like this.
  2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Arabic support in Unity is on our roadmap. We would like to have something during 2023 although this is a tentative timeline and may change. There are some community solutions for TextMeshPro such as this https://forum.unity.com/threads/rtl...ian-and-arabic-support-to-textmeshpro.535758/
    Unfortunately I'm not aware of anything for UI Toolkit at the moment.

khorozian2 likes this.
  3. khorozian2

khorozian2

I see. Thanks for the response. As convenient ui toolkit is, it seems to be missing a few features. Looking forward to when all of it's features are ready.

karl_jones likes this.
  4. KarimAbdelHamid

KarimAbdelHamid

@karl_jones Hope that this bump is allowed, but I would just like to add that the lack of RTL is the only reason I can't switch to UI Toolkit. Just so you know that there's a big need for it in the MENA region, in case that increases priority at all.

5. Yakirbu

Yakirbu

@karl_jones Any news for supporting Hebrew and Arabic?

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Nothing at the moment I'm afraid. The text team went through some big changes earlier in the year that changed all the plans so there's unlikely to be anything in 2023 now. It's being pushed for from multiple areas but there's no concrete date/version I can give you at the moment.

7. m-alrefaay

m-alrefaay

Hi , am talking from the last of 23 , any update ? :)

8. uDamian

uDamian

Unity Technologies

Hey, we're actively working on this but it will not be ready for Unity 6 (previously known as 2023 LTS). We'll share more when it's ready.

Aidonis and karl_jones like this.