Search Unity

Question Right Eye Discrepancies - Oculus + URP + Obi Fluid Shader

Discussion in 'VR' started by yman400, Jan 29, 2021.

1. yman400

yman400

Hi all,

I'm working in a Unity 2019.4.16f1 project with XR Plugin Management, Oculus XR Plugin and Oculus Integration package. I'm trying to render Obi Fluid and have followed these instructions for URP. The fluid shader renders great when still, but when I move the camera, the fluid behaves differently in the right eye than in the left. Some of the fluid appears to momentarily disappear/melt away. The effect is more pronounced with greater head movements. Here's a Google Drive link to a still screenshot and a video:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1PfkQST06w4FvDE43AHBDw_PTB2Ydi-T2

The behavior is difficult to see in video in real time, but it is quite noticeable and nauseating in the headset, making the experience virtually unplayable. If you pause the video and slowly scroll through it, it's easy to see where the fluid render has mostly disappeared from the right eye (around 7 seconds). (Playing through at 0.25 speed is also good)

I have verified that all of my packages/plugins are updated. I have changed just about every camera/URP/Forward Renderer setting to no avail. I don't experience this issue in my Oculus with the Standard Render Pipeline; it works as expected.

Because of this, I'm convinced that it's an issue with the Obi shader itself. Would anyone know why this could be occurring and/or ways to fix it?

I'm happy to supply more information as needed. Thank you in advance for the help!

2. yman400

yman400