Search Unity

Bug Right Click only brings up "Inspect Element"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by OwenOak1995, Jul 26, 2022.

1. OwenOak1995

OwenOak1995

Hello All, Last night I ran into a problem in Unity. When I right click in the Animator Window the only option I get is to "Inspect Element" and now I can't create Transitions. I was not getting this problem before and I'm not sure how to fix this. I'm using version 2022.1.10f1

Thanks!

2. Isirode

Isirode

Hello,

I have noticed the same problem in a custom EditorWindow, I had tried to listen to right click events (RegisterCallBack<PointerUpEvent> of a VisualElement), and it would work fine with a left click event but it would display the message "Inspect Element" when I used the right click.

I have found out that it was caused by the UI Toolkit Debugger window, which was opened at the time in a hidden tab.

If you close it, the message will not appear anymore, and the right click will work.

I suppose you have found a solution since then, and that it was the same problem, but this response might be useful to someone in the future.

I did not find a way to keep the UI Toolkit Debugger window open, and to have the right clicks work.

Have a good day,

Xepherys and Singtaa like this.
  3. Xepherys

Xepherys

Good grief - thank you. I hadn't even considered this (though I really should have) and after restarting Unity and my computer, and deleting and recreating my animator, I finally came across your response. That was 100% the issue.