Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Right Arm Animation Offset

Discussion in 'Animation' started by duck25dodgers, Jan 28, 2021.

1. duck25dodgers

duck25dodgers

I have a 5200 frame animation (Humanoid) file broken into approx 88 anim clips. All clips play back fine except for a couple of clips that have an offset on the right arm, causing the arm to rotate and clip into the body. What I can't work out is the offset is NOT visible when I playback the clip by selecting it from the list in the animation file in Unity and reviewing it in the animation viewer (image 1), but when I click on the clip (listed below the animation file) itself then I see the arm offset issue in the viewer (image 2) which is showing up at runtime. Why would the animation file look different between these two views?

I've spent a few hours now trying to troubleshoot this issue. The ONLY fix I've found is to export just that animation clip from Maya as it's own animation file, it then plays back fine in Unity. Any help/advice would be appreciated as I'd like to keep the single 5200 frame animation file and not start splitting out clips.

Unity version 2020.1.17f1

Image 1
    UnityIssue_ArmOffset02.PNG
    Image 2
    UnityIssue_ArmOffset01.PNG

2. Quasm0k

Quasm0k

Any updates on this? I just stumbled into the same problem. Thanks @duck25dodgers
    for the tip to create a seperate file which luckily works. Wasted a good 2 hours of my production time trying to fix it and kinda ruins my file system though. Pretty annoying.