Search Unity

Rigging 3D Wave for making a surfer game

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by jagoska, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jagoska

jagoska

This is cool,

but how to import in unity?
    I made something similar in blender.
    First with beizer curves, they have blendshapes and i can use the Curve modifier how works like skin modifier in one mesh plane. But i didnt try to export :)
    Second i create like stop-motion of the steps of the wave with bones. But with a lot of lines of bones, but unity break a lot of time for the amount of bones and animation (each line of bones have all steps of the wave). But should works with less bones and combined with blendtrees, but the result is not what i want.

Now i'm searching and searching, there is a solution with megafries. But i like to know if someone had create for a surfer game one Wave, and can give some tips for create that.

2. MikeUpchat

MikeUpchat

Ooops sorry didn't read your last paragraph, you already know about the solution I posted.

You might want to take a look at MegaFiers, it has a system that uses moving bezier cruves to generate waves and other interesting shapes, also it has a point cache modifier so it could play back a backed mesh like the one in your video. Video of the MegaFiers system below.