Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Rigged character from Blender (FBX) not supported?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by IndubhushanDas, Aug 30, 2018.

1. IndubhushanDas

IndubhushanDas

(I put this question in Animation section, as I am trying to do rigging (or maybe more precisely "skinning" - attaching skin/mesh to bones), which is necessary part for Animation to work)

I'm making a progress in learning Blender. I've found a free Lego Technic model, cleaned it a bit, and opened in Unity3d - in both .Blend and .FBX format (saved from Blender).

So the funny (and sad) thing happens. Well, I managed to make my Lego Technic character walk, as I expected. It's cool. But it works only for .Blend character. But, I'm still writing this, because .Blend file is not imported properly.

I attach a screenshot.

Here you can see a game in play mode. There are two identical gameobject (Legotechnic), one is Blend - it can play walk animation, and second is FBX, which Unity3d didn't recognize as having proper rig. It says the following error:

"
    File 'Technic_figure_001a-orig2 clean' has an invalid Avatar Rig Configuration. Missing or invalid transform:
    Required human bone 'Hips' not found

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    "

Also, FBX file shows proper mesh shape, while .Blend file missing some mesh parts ("hole" in head, belt etc).

I wonder which file format I have to use, and how to fix all these. I expected unity3d to properly work with both .Blend and .fbx files, but both seem to be not fully supported.

Any suggestions how to fix rigging (and mesh shapes) are expected and welcome. Thank you in advance ;-)

P.S. I also attach unity project with the files I use (it is from a free 3d fan art found on Blender fans site)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
unityunity