Search Unity

Question Rig looking bad on Unity.

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by pineapuru, Jan 27, 2022.

1. pineapuru

pineapuru

Hey everyone, hope you are having a good day.

I've been doing 3D models for my game for quite some time now, but I'm just beginning to create 3D characters, which has been amazing. I'm creating the rig, weight painting, doing everything just fine, but I'm having this weird issue on Unity where my characters get weirdly stretched when rotating bones.

This issue does not happen on Blender, and I have tried my model on other game development software as well (I don't know if naming is okay, don't want to sound like the "this is doing better!" guy).

This is how it looks on Unity:

This is how it looks on Blender and in other software:

I'm using Rigify to create the character rig, I'm exporting it to FBX and using "Only Deform Bones" without "Add Leaf Bones". All my model transforms are applied and everything looks correct to me.

Does someone have any idea of what this issue could be? :(

2. spiney199

spiney199

Are you using Rigify to auto-generate its big comprehensive rig? I don't imagine that rig will entirely translate to game engines properly, as its more so oriented towards typical animation projects.

When rigging for games you do need to give up a few things that you would do under normal rigging circumstances, though sometimes you can get away with it by baking animations on export (which gives up other things).