Search Unity

Rift only works in new project

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by mbowen89, Oct 10, 2016.

1. mbowen89

mbowen89

Hi I just got a Rift and I am having an issue in the editor. I have been building for GearVR and no problems running on it, but now that I have a Rift I wanted to test it out in editor of course. Oddly, I can only get the Rift to work if I create a new empty project, it doesn't work for any of my existing projects. The ones I'm testing have all been updated from Unity 4.3 to 4.4, if that matters.

VR supported checkbox is checked. If I log VRSetting.enabled at started, it's false, setting it to true seems to do nothing either.

Any idea what the heck is going on?

Edit:

I found out if I use the ProjectSettings.asset from a brand new project in my current project it works, as soon as I use the original one, VR no longer works. I have the VR checkbox check, what the heck?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. mbowen89

mbowen89

Edit 2:

I figured it out! In Player Settings, I had to have the VR checkbox enabled under Windows Platform, even though I was currently in the Android build mode and had it's checkbox marked. Maybe I'm just stupid, but this wasn't clear in any documentation that I cam across.