Search Unity

Rifle Animset Pro with Playmaker controller | Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kubold, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kubold

Kubold

Why not.

2. ZJP

ZJP

Thanks. Hope so. :p

3. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

I own both this and the cover packs. I would love it to see a hip firing stance. I know this is annoying because of the aiming additives - although I don't need them because I use IK instead. In this fashion hip firing vs ADS could be differentiated visually (potentially a transition between each would be nice but likely they would blend in between well anyway). Currently the firing stance appears to be more an ADS stance.

Fantastic animations.

4. Kubold

Kubold

You mean "hip firing animation set", 88 animations, or just 3 animations: idle2hipfire, hipfire, hipfire2idle?

5. DirtyHippy

DirtyHippy

Well, now that i think about it, it would require a lot more than those three animations - i.e. the movement ones or I I guess I could mask the current movement anims on the lower body with the upper body hip firing.

That doesn't sound very tractable for your business model. Even though I would buy a hipfire set instantly, most Unity hobbyists would probably have a hard time using that many animations. The current rifle anim set you have would be more popular anyway, since ADS looks sexier and more "military".

6. Kubold

Kubold

Yup, you actually would need a full set. I'm not saying, I'm not going to ever make it. From sales numbers I see clearly that all developers want is RIFLES. More and more rifles :)

...and maybe swords, but we'll see about that.

7. ZJP

ZJP

I fine now with 'Rifle' and only 'Rifle'. :p
    Just take a time in the future for adding some 'grenade movements'. ;)

8. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

Excume me?
    I don't find Root Transform Rotation and Root Transfrom Position(Y) and Root Transform Position(XZ) in animation?

9. hopeful

hopeful

IMHO, what might make the current pistol set more attractive would be a uniformed policeman model instead of a soldier model. A police officer would use a pistol with a two-handed animation, and there's not a lot of police models in the asset store, so for customers the fit would be good. (SWAT cops would use a rifle, so I don't count those as police officer models.)

I think it's also worth considering that the two-handed approach to aiming / shooting more or less prevents using these pistol animations in the Western genre, where they might want to have a gun in each hand. Likewise, pirates would prefer to dual wield with a flintlock in one hand and a cutlass or hook at the other. Dueling nobles and sci-fi raygun pistoliers would also tend toward single handed animations. If they're going to go two-handed, they probably would carry a rifle.

Modern gangsters could also use dual pistol animations, a "hold the gun sideways" pose, and might also use machine pistols.

10. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,
    I assume you are using Unity Free, if you are seing this bug.

Unity Pro has a feature of getting the root motion from root, with a single checkbox for the whole set, instead of clicking the XZ and Y options every time for every animation. Look:

1.jpg

Now, when imported to Unity Free, it should show normal, Root Transform Rotation, Root Transfrom Position(Y) and Root Transform Position(XZ) options. And it does, when you just import the animation normally, but when you import it from Asset Store - it doesn't. I reported the bug some time ago and they should fix it.

Now, you can fix it easly, by just re-importing the animation files (just move the file to desktop or something, and then move it back to Unity folder, so Unity reimports it), and the transform options will appear.

11. Kubold

Kubold

Thanks,

but it's all very simple:

I'm making all those animations and controllers for my game. I needed pistols held like that, and not in other ways. I paid for the mocap session, I made the animset, and you can have it too, just 50 times cheaper then it costed me. If you buy it, it's like you chipped in. It's kind of like group buy ;)

12. hopeful

hopeful

Heh. I have no problem with that. It's just that you seemed to be wondering why asset store buyers were more interested in rifles than in two-handed pistol animations. I don't know if I have the complete answer for that, but I'm thinking two-handed pistol animations just don't apply in as many game/genre cases as the rifle ones.

13. Kubold

Kubold

Funny, that at this point, I kinda think that selling the whole game on the Asset Store (just with ripped out non-exclusive graphics) would bring similar money, but much less stress.

14. eridani

eridani

People do love to buy complete gaming kits!

15. arcdragon1

arcdragon1

Wow! nice! solved it. Thank you very much!

16. Kubold

Kubold

Now, when I think about it, it's actually very good, that Unity doesn't switch Curve controlled Root motion to this Y and XZ checkboxes stuff. Apparently, this Pro feature STILL WORKS in Free, if someone made it in Pro. Maybe just use it, instead of fixing it, way less work for you. It doesn't create warnings or anything. It's better, because it takes Root Motion directly from Root bone, instead of calculating it from character's mass center.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  17. eridani

eridani

This fix doesn't work for me... I always get the "Root Motion is driven by curves" showing up instead of the Root Transform Rotation, Root Transfrom Position(Y) and Root Transform Position(XZ) etc. Is there something else I can try? Thank you

18. Kubold

Kubold

Don't worry, there is no way it doesn't work. It must work. Watch the video:

But again:
    This is not really a fix. Root Motion is SUPPOSED TO be driven by curves.

Unity Free doesn't support this feature, but it turns out, that if you do it in Pro version, you still can use it in Free. So DON'T turn it off, if you don't have to. Animations look BETTER and BLEND better that way, because motion is taken directly from Root bone, like the animator intended, and not calculated from mass center in realtime.

19. eridani

eridani

Thank you. It worked when I followed your video exactly. I just want to do one thing actually, which is to offset the rotations of some of the animations. Is there a way to do that while keeping the curves option?

20. Kubold

Kubold

Not sure what you mean...? Can you specifically tell which animations and put it in a context? What's it for?

21. eridani

eridani

It was actually for the "hard pistol melee" animation (in the Pistol AnimSet) where the character swings his pistol at the enemy's head with one hand...

...in my game I masked out the lower body avatar (I have separate layers for the upper and lower body animations) but unfortunately now since the hip is masked out, the animation looks like he is swinging the pistol too much on the right side.

So I wanted to offset the animation to rotate him around the Y axis to the left. Maybe there's a better way to approach this, I don't know.

22. Kubold

Kubold

Hmm... there is a way.

You need to open this particular animation with software like Blender, MayaLT, 3ds max, Maya, Motionbuilder, whatever. Tweak the animation as you like, and then save it as a separate fbx file. Import it to Unity.

This way, you will have all animations using "Motion driven by curves", because you will not really change the big animation file.The changed animation will be in a separate, new file. It will have the Unity free's rotation and translation options, but hey, all the rest will still be driven by curves.

eridani likes this.
  23. Pulov

Pulov

I really miss a jump animation in the demo, the rest is brilliant!

24. blabla06

blabla06

Hello,

Here is my problem : when I just move the crosshair, my character doesn't follow it, he is like frozen.
    Any ideas ? (I watched "rifle Animset pro Modding Tutorial 2" but it doesn't help)

Thank you in advance for your help !

25. Kubold

Kubold

There's a Unity 5 bug that looks kind of like you described: Sometimes (about 30% repro), when you import a package to Unity 5, it randomly deletes transitions in mecanim graphs.

The solution is deleting the corrupt mecanim graph and importing it again (just the graph, not whole package). It usually imports correctly on second attempt.

26. blabla06

blabla06

It doesn't work.
    In the demo everything works fine, the problem is when I import my characters.
    Maybe it's about prefab connection ?

27. Kubold

Kubold

Ideas for frozen character:
    - the character is not Humanoid rig (it's Legacy or Generic - turn it to Humanoid)
    - the character is Humanoid rig, but has incorrect/not configured Avatar (check the Avatar - maybe it's just broken. Adjust the t-pose it untlil correct and a little "tick" sign appears on the right)
    - you didn't reference the Rifle animset pro Animator component in the Animator's filed (check the original player prefab to see how)
    - your character is marked as "Static"

Anyway, the support e-mail is kuboldgames@gmail.com. Who knows how long it takes to find what's wrong with your setup, so it will probably be better to to it through e-mail.

28. blabla06

blabla06

I solved my problem. I replaced the character.fbx with my character's and make some adjustments.
    Thank you for your reply !

29. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

The only thing your gun packages are really missing is a walking without aiming (IE. walking with the gun down). Keep up the good work.

30. Pulov

Pulov

I also missed but I think it is doable with avatar masking and using the enemy iddle animation.

31. Kubold

Kubold

No problem, no problem. Movement Animset Pro + really quick IK rig inside Unity = lowered rifle in 3 minutes :)

In Unity 5 IK works in free Personal edition, you don't have to have Pro. I have it, because I still have 3 months of mandatory subscription to pay.

MikeTon likes this.
  32. dev01

dev01

Can you implement a sniper function for ranged shots with a scope overlay or is there an easy way like adding a bool function "is zoomed" and have the camera fov change with the aim target png?

33. Kubold

Kubold

There is already a fov change when you press RMB. You can just change the value to even smaller fov in FSM, add a scope sight model, attach it to camera and activate it only when RMB is pressed. And you have your sniper rifle :)

34. DMCH

DMCH

Hi. Recently picked up rifle and pistol animsets. There doesn't appear to be a crouched shoot with either pack. Is there some workaround for this? Thanks

35. Destroid123

Destroid123

Hi.. i am Having Trouble with this Asset im using Unity 5.1.1f1 errr.PNG errr2.PNG

36. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

You just need replace the InputManager with the one from Rifle Animset Pro. The instructions are in HowToInstall.txt, in the main folder of the pack:

INSTALLATION NOTES

1. Create a new, fresh, empty Unity Project

2. Download and Import fresh version of Playmaker

3. Import Movement Animset Pro

4. Unzip
    Assets\RifleAnimsetPro\InputManager_Replace\InputManager.zip
    and replace the existing
    ProjectSettings\InputManager.asset
    You need to literally overwrite the file in Windows or whatever OS you are using, not in Unity Editor.

5. Enjoy :)

37. Destroid123

Destroid123

thanks man...

38. Kubold

Kubold

It's done this way to prevent importing this pack as a "whole project", overwriting everything you have in yours. This way you can safely import my pack to your old project, without the risk of overwriting things by accident.

39. Destroid123

Destroid123

is it possible to add a Ragdoll death after the animation has Finished because that would be RAD

40. Kubold

Kubold

Sure, just

1. Make a ragdoll on your character using Unity's built in Ragdoll Wizard.
    2. Set all the ragdoll parts to Kinematic and disable their colliders.
    3. In Death State in MovementFSM, set all the ragdoll parts to NOT Kinematic (with isKinematic Action) and enable their colliders.

Viola! Whenever you kill someone he will go to ragdoll.

41. Destroid123

Destroid123

Oh my God thanks man...oh and by the way...are you planning on using uscript or Behavior Designer

42. Kubold

Kubold

No, but you can do it. The controllers in my asset packs are just starters, you are actually supposed to add things to them. You are not limited by anything.

43. Destroid123

Destroid123

whoah thanks man!!!

44. Kubold

Kubold

My friend from CD-Projekt RED made a Minigun mocap set, compatible with my animations and controllers. He will keep making the whole Kubold animation system more complete from now on, by making more of these packs :)

Together we hope to make a full, robust animation library for your prototypes, finished games or hobby projects.
    It's available now on Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/55974

TokyoWarfareProject likes this.
  45. justdance123

justdance123

Hi,

Why on your example demo, my character always falling down so far through ground when i play the game

46. Kubold

Kubold

Thanks for the info, I need to download and check it out. Once in a while Unity updates some engine feature that may cause bugs in older packages, maybe they changes something, I'll chek.

47. Kubold

Kubold

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. Demo level works fine. Did you follow the installation isntructions?

48. giraffe1

giraffe1

I am looking to purchase this asset but I noticed there are no hit / death animations where the character gets pushed forward instead of backwards? Like for a player shooting an AI in the back. Any plan to add this?

49. Kubold

Kubold

Good idea, but please base your decision about purchasing on current contents of the pack. I simply don't know when I will have time to record, process and add this animation.

50. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

Hello. Back in the days when i was starting with unity I bought this asset. I noticed in the past that my characters back was stretched but I never cared too much as I was kinda playng to be a dev. I did redownload your asset and placed in another soldier to notice same strechign issue on right shoulder.
    upload_2019-4-14_23-43-17.png
    upload_2019-4-14_23-43-33.png

Any tip to fix this within unity?

I've also tried with your other rifle packages and same issue :\

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019