Search Unity

Rifle Animset Pro with Playmaker controller | Asset Store

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kubold, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kubold

Kubold

They are just not needed. WalkFwd blends well with StrafeRight and WalkBwd blends well with StrafeLeft. However if you try to blend WalkFwd with StrafeLeft, the feet will cross with each other, that's why I made additional StrafeLeft45 animations. Same for every 45 and 135 animations. They are just an additional motion, to minimize the feet crossing.

2. ZJP

ZJP

Thank for the reply

3. Kubold

Kubold

Ok, I converted everything, all the packages, to MECANIM Humanoid.
    Movement Animset Pro Lite, the demo package, now has a small MECANIM Controller with the example of how to use transition animations and detect which foot is up and which on the ground (using Curves).

(the animations did not change, so, If you already have it working in your project, you can skip the update)

4. ZJP

ZJP

Great news. Thanks.

5. BioWarefare Gaming

BioWarefare Gaming

Hi,

Great work how can i change this in to a FPS controller? Not ever used playmaker

6. Kubold

Kubold

Well... you can't. All the packages clearly state, that these animations are for TPP characters. So they will look good on TPP Player charaters and enemies. FPS characters require different type of controller and animations (hands with a gun parented to the camera mostly). For First Person Perspective you need something like Ultimate FPS. You can use animations from Animset Pro packs to build really cool enemies and use them in UFPS.

P.S. Actually, it can be used for FPS games for the player in one case... for example as his representation in multiplayer games or when the players looks down to see his legs. But the hands with a gun, constrainted to the camera, need different animations, made for FPP games.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. BioWarefare Gaming

BioWarefare Gaming

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, my sound like a noob question but never used playmaker how do i change the controller keys?

and need to add the pistol animations to the character do i have to create a new controller.
    Mecanim and playmaker all new to me.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. Kubold

Kubold

You change the input in the Input panel in Unity.
    http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/Input.html

As for adding pistols, I would simply duplicate all the nodes in Mecanim graph, so I have two identical graphs. Then I would replace all the rifle animations from the duplicated graph, to pistol animations (names are the same, except the prefix, Rifle_ and Pistol_). Then I would make a bool, for example "hasPistol", and make a transition from one graph to another, depending on this bool.

Then you need to do the same for all layers in the mecanim graph.

Then change the mentioned bool somehow, with playmaker or script, doesn't matter.

9. BioWarefare Gaming

BioWarefare Gaming

Hi,

Thanks i managed to do the pistol set up could you advise me on the best route to take to add, Jump and crouch animations to my rifle set up?
    so when i press space he jumps ect.

Thanks

10. Kubold

Kubold

Very general answer would be that you have to make transitions to jumping animations in the Mecanim graph. Then you have to make a script or playmaker state machine, that would control this transitions ("if space then jump"). Then you need to detect landing with collision or raycast, and make this control the Mecanim transition to landing animation. All this is not much different than making the guy reload.

11. BioWarefare Gaming

BioWarefare Gaming

lol thanks you make it sound like it so easy, im not used to mecanim and playmaker but something i need to learn as it makes better animations.

12. Kubold

Kubold

Not exactly :). A good animator makes good animations. You could make exactly the same controller using old Legacy system and skip all this Mecanim stuff. It would behave and look exactly the same. Mecanim adds one thing though, that other game engines don't have - animation retargeting (so you can play any animation on any skeleton).

13. eridani

eridani

Hi Kubold,

I have a question about aiming the rifle horizontally and the feet animation while standing at idle. It's a little hard to explain but I'll try my best.

Is there a way to make the feet react faster when aiming the rifle horizontally, especially when aiming counter-clockwise toward the left? When aiming clockwise toward the right, the right foot reacts fairly quickly, so that as the rifle tries to swing past the right foot, the right foot takes a step so that it generally stays in front of the rifle at all times.

But when aiming counter-clockwise toward the left foot, the left foot delays somewhat, so that the rifle swings way past the left foot before the left foot finally takes a step. This makes the character look twisted and somewhat out of balance, in my opinion.

Can I adjust some setting to make the left foot react faster and take a step sooner as I aim the rifle toward the left direction? I know I probably have to make a change somewhere in the mecanim graph but that sucker looks complicated.

I attached some pictures that will hopefully make the whole thing clearer. Thanks!

$right.jpg

$left.jpg

$left-extreme.jpg

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  14. Stan-B

Stan-B

This is for sure the most professional animations for the shooter game available on the asset store! I purchased it for my future FPS multiplayer game(3rd person model) and I'm really happy with it. Moreover it contains sample scene with the TPS controller, not perfect but pretty good and it forces me to think about TPS game which is much more easy in terms of networking part. Any plans to improve it?
    Or may be someone can advice which TPS controller can be used to replace this one? I'm really intrigued!

15. Kubold

Kubold

Hi.

I know what you mean. The problem happens, because I made turning in place on a blend tree.

What actually happens: If the camera froward axis is more than 35 deg. from character's forward axis, the blend tree moves to "rotate90" anims. If it's more than 90, it goes to "rotate180" anims. And when the angle get's lower... well, it also blends form 180 to 90 and then to idle (and that's wrong).

What should be happening: If the angle is, for example 140, it should just play the "rotate180" until the angle is 0, and then blend quickly directly to Idle.

Solution: resign from Blend Tree, and make it on separate animation blocks, blending one to another. So 5 nodes, instead of one. Scaling the animation playback speed, depending on how big the angle is, is also a good idea.

Remember, I sell animations, the controller is just an extra addition. I am not a programmer, I invent this things on the fly. I mean, I've seen them before in many games, but figuring out how to do it technically in Unity is another thing :)

P.S.
    If you want to just try to tweak it, you may experiment with horizontal aiming angle variable in "Standing" Blend Tree. Right now I think he starts to turn left when he's 35 degrees off. Make it 5 and see what happens. But that is not good solution in the long run.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  16. Kubold

Kubold

When I have some spare time, sure, I'll be improving it with every update. There is a lot of stuff that can be done there :)

17. eridani

eridani

Thanks, I'll play around with things a bit.

One more question, is there a quick way to hook up the enemies to a Nav Mesh? So they can walk around walls. Thanks again!

18. Kubold

Kubold

Yes, I didn't include NavMesh for enemies, because I thought it's a PRO feature only. Recently I was told that Unity Free also has NavMesh now, so I'll probably include it in some update.

So, in short, you need to add a NavMesh Agent component to the enemies and create a NavMesh on the level. Then you need make a script or FSM, that will:

1) calculate the path to the player in real time (Set nav mesh target as Game Object - the player)
    2) find the nearest corner of that path and save it as Vector3
    3) set LookAt constraint in the movement State of the enemy's FSM to that Vector3 variable and not the Player.

That's pretty much it :)

19. eridani

eridani

Thanks but I can't seem to figure out how to wire things correctly. The enemy now chases me across the NavMesh, but the walk animation doesn't play and he doesn't shoot at me.

Can you possible include a small demo scene with the proper NavMesh settings in your next update? Thanks so much for all your help!

20. Kubold

Kubold

Ok, I'll include navmesh in the next update. In the meantime, If you want to experiment a little, look which variable in the Mecanim makes the character play start walking animation (I don't quite remember, but I'm at work, so I can't check right now). You just need to make that condition true if you want the animations to play.

21. mradfo21

mradfo21

hey great animations! I can't yet afford to do my own motion capture and this is so perfect!

I really wish you could add a few animations!

You have crouch up, down, and static, but i'd love to get crouched movement as-well. so crouch forward, backward, strafe left, strafe right, back 45, back -45, forward 270, forward -270 (I'm not crazy right? they aren't in there?)

a few animations could be made for like an idle walk. here i'd only need a forward. Imagine a patrolling enemy who has his guard down and is out for a stroll.

a series of alert animations would be so useful as well.

he looks to someone behind him, and gestures to that person, then forward "hey get up here and go look at that"

an inquisitive look, "hey.. whats that"

squad style hand signal animations
    "move up"
    "hold"
    "get down" (maybe a franticly concerned point and then a gesture to the ground)

all of these with a rifle

you can tell im making a tactical game : )

I'd happily pay the same price again for an expansion to this asset including these animations. I'd love to eventually justify doing my own mo-cap, but its just so expensive it isn't really an option at the moment. You are a god-send! And its all of such high quality too! I don't even feel remotely like im compromising! Thank-you for all this!

22. Kubold

Kubold

Thanks! It's exactly what I had in mind when I was making them. Normally for recording and processing 100 mocap animations you would have to pay about $3000. And I thought that tactical rifle movement almost always looks the same, so devs could use some non-exclusive anim set. I will update packages and make some more eventually, It's just this will have to wait until E3. It's crunch for me till then at my day job.

23. mradfo21

mradfo21

im in the same boat! damn you E3!!

24. fastbomb

fastbomb

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success getting these animations to work with Root Motion outside of playMaker? The RifleAnimsetProController is quite complex and I was wondering if anyone else is working with these files in this way?

All the best!

25. Kubold

Kubold

Hey :)

PlayMaker doesn't have anything to do with Root Motion in my controller. It just tells the Mecanim which states to blend. All the movement comes from animations.

26. Kubold

Kubold

Hey, I finally got some free time to add this sidescrolling platformer game example to Rifle Animset Pro. It should be in the store within 7 days :)

Also platformer jumping anims and equipping/unequipping weapon anims.
    big12.png

27. eridani

eridani

I see this error, any idea how to fix it? Thank you!

AntiClippingRaycaster: CameraAntiClipFSM: WallClipCorrection: MissingAction: Could Not Create Action: Raycast2 (Maybe the script was removed?)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionReport:LogError(PlayMakerFSM, FsmState, FsmStateAction, Int32, String, String)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LogError(String)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:CreateAction(FsmState, Int32)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LoadActions(FsmState)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:LoadActions()
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:InitData()
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Init(MonoBehaviour)
    PlayMakerFSM:Init()
    PlayMakerFSM:Awake()

28. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

I can only say "ooops, sorry!"... Indeed, there is some leftover prefab with unused Action referenced. I'll fix it ASAP, but it takes usually 6 days for Unity to accept an update. Until then, just download this Action:

Raycast 2.cs

And copy it to folder PlayMaker/Actions/

That's it! Sorry for the problem!

29. Kubold

Kubold

Missing Action bug is fixed.

Anyway, Short tutorial for upcoming v. 1.3. There will be different weapons (though not animations).

30. Kubold

Kubold

31. schiehll

schiehll

Thats a really great asset, Kubold! Really awesome!

But, can you add animations for "get cover" and "shooting from cover" with the rifle? I think that would be great for any TPS game.

Thanks for make this so accessible for all.

32. Kubold

Kubold

Cover set is on the way.

33. schiehll

schiehll

Awesome!

Thank you

34. Kubold

Kubold

Coming soon!

emergki likes this.
  35. ZJP

ZJP

Nice. I will take it (as usual)
    But, what about a 'Pistol Crouch And Prone Pro' like this one ?

36. emergki

emergki

Finally someone did it!

37. Kubold

Kubold

Hi. Yeah... there's a problem there. Pistol Animset Pro sold like 10 copies during it's lifetime. So I'm not making extensions for it (unless it sells more), it doesn't make any sense financially. Apparently people like their games more rifley, less pistolly :(.

Heck, I even made a switching weapons function in Rifle Animset Pro. So if you buy Pistol Animset Pro, you can just drag and drop Pistol anims to the controller and you have a proper pistols. Didn't help.

38. Pulov

Pulov

uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa looks so awesome!!! supermegahypercongratulations!

39. ZJP

ZJP

To bad. Sorry for that. :( Drop the price. This will probably sell better. Meanwhile, I will try to solve the problem with an IK system.
    Ok, waiting for the 'Cover Pack'. What about the price? :)

40. Kubold

Kubold

Dropping the price would be silly at that point :). It already is $40 for 80 mocaps + a whole top-down game template that has PC and Mobile controls, character controllers for player and enemies, navmesh, turrets, mines, medkits, different openable doors, teleporters, obstacles you can vault...

I'd rather make a game out of it myself, than sell it for $10.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  41. Pulov

Pulov

It is an awesome asset at awesime price. Shamr I have no time to get it now. Bookmarked in my to buy list.

42. ZJP

ZJP

Yes, a good job deserve a right price. ;)

:cool::cool:

43. f1chris

f1chris

How do you integrate a dual-stick mobile controls like Control-Freak ?

My Control-Freak gameobject never receive the touch events and whatever I do it's triggering fire event.

Thanks in advance

44. OneShotGG

OneShotGG

Kubold, you read my mind with the cover animations (need them to develop a Auto(raycast)cover system).

I am currently working on a complete tps controller asset (C#) that will include everything needed to make a modern tps. I have been using your anims as placeholders while my animator does our anims. I own every package you have released so far (yes even the pistol pack) and find them incredibly good for my uses and should be great for final games as well.

Are you still planning on doing some fantasy packs? (ie. bow, melee, magic casting)

If the pistol animset isn't doing so hot I would consider doing a bundle or just putting them into the rifle animset and increasing the price a bit.

45. ZJP

ZJP

oh, btw, have plan to add 'throwing grenade' in these two pack? (Cover and Prone)

46. -Singularity-

-Singularity-

I bought Pistol anim pro the other day - was really happy with it!

If I buy Rifle it will be easy to integrate the two right? Looks straight forward from what I've seen of the controller so far.

How much will cover be in addition?

Also - any chance of knock down / get back up animations?

Thanks

47. ZJP

ZJP

48. Kubold

Kubold

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  49. Kubold

Kubold

Sorry, no idea, never heard about control-freak before. I made a PlayMaker mobile controls for Pistol Animset Pro, but it has absolutely nothing to do with control freak.

But basically, what you would have to do for Rifle Animset Pro to work with mobile, is to control the Input Axes and Buttons (Horizontal, Vertical, Fire1, Fire2, Fire3, RightStickVertical, RightStickHorizontal) with default Unity Mobile joystick prefab + some touchable UI graphics, so nothing out of the ordinary.

50. Kubold

Kubold

Yes, integrating Pistol and Rifle packs is easy both ways now (you still have to be familliar with Unity enginge and PlayMaker to do this).

Cover animations have their mecanim graph included, so integrating the mecanim will be very easy (just copy-paste). It's the other part - the scripting of covers - that will be difficult. But of course you could just put your enemy behind cover and never make him leave, so he just shoots you, until you kill him - in that case it will be super easy.