Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bug Rider in conjunction with ECS cannot handle Unity.Logging.Log correctly

Discussion in 'Code Editors & IDEs' started by FaithlessOne, May 19, 2023.

1. FaithlessOne

FaithlessOne

Now that ECS 1.0.8 is released I still have the problem with the "com.unity.logging" package (namespace: "Unity.Logging"). After starting Rider in an project with ECS/Unity.Logging all seems fine, but after a while all logging calls are marked as error, because the class is suddenly internal. Looks like this then:

upload_2023-5-19_17-37-41.png

The error is reported then for all Log calls in the project, so solution-wide and file analysis are pretty useless then when spammed by this error. The reason for the error is probably the code generation magic here. I would really appreciate a fix for this issue.

Edit: I am using Unity 2022.2.19, Entities 1.0.8 and Unity.Logging 1.0.8, JetBrains Rider 2023.1.2 (Build #RD-231.9011.39, built on May 17, 2023)

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  2. FaithlessOne

FaithlessOne

I created a bug ticket on the Jetbrains Issue Tracker. The bug has been fixed in Rider 2023.2 which is currently only available as EAP but will be released in the near future.

kdchabuk likes this.