Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Rich text bug: regular font is rendered behind <mark>, but custom font is rendered in front of it

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by cxode, Nov 28, 2020.

1. cxode

cxode

The draw order of the mark is inconsistent:

upload_2020-11-28_7-19-13.png

According to the docs, the intended behavior is that the mark is drawn on top of the text, so the other behavior is a bug.

Personally, I would like to see both behaviors supported. Perhaps the former could use
    <overlay>
    , and the latter could use
    <underlay>

Attached Files:

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

I need to make some pretty important changes to properly handle sorting of the mark geometry as well as underline and strikethrough properly. For instance, underline and mark should almost always be behind the text whereas strikethrough on top.

This is something I plan to address in the next preview release series.

I do like the suggestion to add a new attribute to the mark tag which would look something like <mark color=#FFFF0080 padding="0, 0, 0, 0" sorting=0> ... where the value for sorting would be 0 or 1. I like the idea of using overlay and underlay but just not sure if sorting is the right name for this attribute. Open to suggestions.

cxode likes this.
  3. cxode

cxode

I'd rather have separate tags than a new
    sorting
    attribute on the
    mark
    tag. I think that A) the number of attributes per tag should be minimized to keep things simple, and B) it is bad to use a number (0 or 1) to represent something that conceptually is not a number (over or under). If it must be a new tag, I'd much rather it be a boolean, something like
    behindText=true

Looking forward to the next preview releases!

4. DavidRobichaud

DavidRobichaud

Is there any new development towards this feature?

5. iileychen

iileychen

I need "mark is drawn on bottom of the text", how can I achieve?