Search Unity

<RI.Hid> Failed to get preparsed data

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pat_sommer, Mar 9, 2013.

1. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

I just recreated this error. I am using Unity 5.0.1f1 on Windows 7. I have an XBox 360 controller plugged into USB. When I plugged in a USB thumb drive and then unplugged the USB thumb drive, I saw Unity throwing this error message. I restarted Unity to resolve the problem.

2. tswalk

tswalk

I'ld like to add, that after a couple weeks working with 5.0.1p3 (or however long that patch has been out)... I have "not" been getting any RI.Hid errors..... none, zip, zero.

superpig likes this.
  3. Tutanhomon

Tutanhomon

5.0.2f1 fixed this =)

superpig likes this.
  4. Anaea-Aidea

Anaea-Aidea

Yay!
    Just updated to 5.0.2f1 and it's not showing up any more when I plug in the USB stick :D

superpig likes this.
  5. Bennett-Lynch

Bennett-Lynch

Still getting it on 5.0.2f1:

(I'm using a USB 3.0 Laptop Docking Station which it may or may not be related to, but I believe I was getting the error previously without being connected to it. I can test to see if I'm getting it w/o the docking station if needed.)

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  6. artics

artics

still getting in on 2017.3

7. life4god

life4god

Getting this error at 2018.3.8f1 when plugging / unplugging an Iphone 6S from my Surface Book Pro. Since I saw that it's harmless I'm not worried about it, but just wanted to pass along it still occurs.

8. faolad

faolad

6 years later, Unity <3

9. RestlessSwords

RestlessSwords

I have latest LTS, Unity-2020-3-16f, on fully updated windows-10, and an actual MICROFT USB mouse.
    "name=Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows):
    I get this error message every time I unplug the usb.

By the way, @superpig, it is Aug-2021 and this May-2015 problem is still driving folks like me crazy.

10. _eternal

_eternal

I see I stumbled upon a historic thread. Same problem right now - Aug 2021, Unity 2020.3.14.
    See you guys in a few years?

11. DragonTein

DragonTein

Same. My Xbox controller works fine. But on my co-worker station it just dont register by unity.

Laush-Studio likes this.
  12. Laush-Studio

Laush-Studio

I have this error when connecting an XBOX One controller on version 2019.2.0f1. I have not seen this before in this version. Moreover, I even opened an old project that previously worked perfectly with the controller - now it also gives an error. With this error, the controller does not function in the Unity editor. But in builds, the controller works without problems.

13. KYL3R

KYL3R

SteamAPI and XInput with app_id 480 won't work (in Editor)!

My XBOX One Controller wasn't working in Editor, but fine in build.

Error:
    GER: "<RI.Hid> Failed to get preparsed data: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet."
    EN: "<RI.Hid> Failed to get preparsed data: The operation completed successfully."

Short Answer: SteamAPI and XInput confused the Unity Editor. Some Explanation on WHY that breaks here:
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...nput-not-detected-while-steamworks-is-running

Fix:
    I used my own app id in steam_appid.txt in my Project Root (above "Assets") instead of the default 480 (spacewar).
    I had to restart Unity.

14. ShuiRun108

ShuiRun108

i got it in the 2020.3.33f1c1 LTS Version

15. hadtofall

hadtofall

i got it in the 2021.3.6fc1

16. RubyDev1997

RubyDev1997

How do I fix this. Happens with all controllers.
    I have my Steam APP Id configured correctly.

Unity...

17. RubenGarciaHernandez

RubenGarciaHernandez

I am also affected, using Unity 2020.3.40f1

18. leegod

leegod

I am still get this error unity 2021.1.16f1
    while connecting xbox controller wireless adapter.

19. pumpkinszwan

pumpkinszwan

EDIT: SOLVED for me:
    I found that enabling 'Generic Gamepad Configuration Support' in the Steam client's Controller Settings (Settings > Controller Settings) worked for me.

It seems that Steam integration is one cause of this. My Steam setup is correct using Steamworks.net with my own game ID configured (and everything Steam is working as expected). My Xbox controller gives the 'failed to get preparsed data' error, but only on my Steam game. My other project that isn't integrating Steam does not get this issue and the controller works fine. The Xbox controller was definitely working with my Steam project previously, and the timing of it stopping working seems to coincide with when I added the Steam integration a few days ago.

I'm currently on 2020.3.42f1.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  20. masterchafe

masterchafe

I just had this error in Unity2017.4.27f1 and couldn't use the 8bitdo SN30pro I've been using for months. Tried unplugging and re-plugging but got the error every time I re-plugged. Tried restarting Unity without any change. Closed Steam from running in the background and problem went away. Ok then..

21. Steven-1

Steven-1

I'm suddenly getting this error now in Unity 2019 when I plug in my ps4 controller. and now the controller doesn't work in Unity anymore.
    It all worked fine 30 minutes ago, what happened?

Ignacii likes this.
  22. chaseholton

chaseholton

I have this same issue out of nowhere as well. Unity 2019, Steamworks integration. Any controller. Worked the other day, now it's not. ANYONE have a clue?

EDIT: And I do have all the Enable Steam Input for... controllers and what not on in Steam.

Ignacii likes this.
  23. Ignacii

Ignacii

Adding the correct ID of the app inside steam_appid.txt solved it for me.