Search Unity

Rhino 7 plugin

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by eudsche, Dec 17, 2020.

1. eudsche

eudsche

HI all,

Rhino 7 is, as much as I know, not yet supported.
    Is there a way to install the Reflect plugin to Rhino 7?

Cheers,
    eudsche

2. GSingland

GSingland

Unity Technologies

Hi,

You're right in saying that Rhino 7 is not yet officially supported by Reflect. However, from what I tried on my machine, it might still be possible to have the plugin installed in Rhino 7. Keep in mind that this is not an official support though ; which means it is experimental and hasn't been tested nor approved by our team. ;)

Our Reflect installer delegates the Rhino 6 plugin installation to the Rhino Installer Engine (RIE). It turns out this engine is able to install the plugin to any rhino version that is installed on your machine.

Assuming Rhino 7 is already installed on your machine, my suggestion would be to simply install the Rhino 6 plugin (through the usual Reflect installer). If the plugin is already installed, uninstall then reinstall it. When installing the plugin, the RIE should figure out that Rhino 7 is present on your machine, and should add the plugin to this new version as well.

Additional comment on the experimental status of this workflow : Rhino 7 will be using a plugin that has been developed for Rhino 6 especially. For this reason, some unexpected behaviors could occur depending on how the API changed between the 2 Rhino versions.

In the meantime, we'll be working on an official Rhino 7 support :)

Hope that helps !
    Guillaume

3. eudsche

eudsche

Working :)
    thx for your help!

cheers