Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Rewired - Advanced Input for Unity

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by guavaman, Sep 25, 2014.

1. guavaman

guavaman

What are your Rewired Standalone Input Module inspector settings?

All of the following settings will affect mouse/touch functionality:
    • "Allow Mouse Input"
    • "Allow Mouse Input If Touch Supported"
    • "Allow Touch Input"

2. qazwsx2498

qazwsx2498

I didn't use Rewired Standalone Input Module,And Both OnPointerDown and OnPointerUP fired when I clicked on the UI, only OnDrag didn't take effect

3. Cellenseres

Cellenseres

Well... yea... about that.... I actually fricked up here.
    When using the CreateElementMap with the correct Parameters, it actually adds the Actions and Button Bindings to the players save.

This approach I did here was first to test if modifying the players save this way work and it actually works.
    We have a Versioning System in the Game which will take care of changes in savegames and stuff.
    Our GameDesigners are able to update the Controls-Version to a new version and will be able to define which actions has been added.

4. RavenTravelStudios

RavenTravelStudios

Hello guys, just a quick question.

I have some customers that need to use the HORI Rap Fightstick, I've seen it's listed in the SDL2 sticks but it seems unsupported for Windows.

So there's no way to make it working or do I have to map it as an Unknown Controller?

Thanks!

5. guavaman

guavaman

If you're not using the Rewired Standalone Input Module, then Rewired is not involved in your issue. Your UI is being controlled entirely by Unity, not Rewired.

6. guavaman

guavaman

You don't map a joystick as an Unknown Controller, but instead you provide a way for users to map their own controls so they can use Unknown Controllers.

https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/HowTos.html#controller-mapping-screen

The list of SDL2 controllers only applies if you're using SDL2 as the Primary Input Source. This is not recommended.

7. pahe

pahe

Hi.
    I've updated the plugin recentely to 1.1.44.0 U2022 and now the NumEnter key is not working anymore, but triggers as standard enter key. Did I miss anything I have to update? Other Numpad buttons seem to work correctly.

numenter.gif

8. guavaman

guavaman

Nothing has changed with keyboard mappings or anything related to keyboard keys. What operating system is this being run in and did you also update the Unity version at the same time by any chance? And is this using a US keyboard layout?

9. pahe

pahe

Windows 10. I think, yes, I updated Unity with it as well. Iirc it was from 2020 to 2022, but don't ask me exact versions. It was running fine before, as our prototype was running with it and we tested it several times. I'm using a German (QWERTZ) layout, but even when switching to US keyboard layout, it doesnt work correctly.

10. m4a44

m4a44

Hey, quick question, is there a setting to have it so an axis goes to 0 when both the positive and negative buttons are pressed? I want my player to stop moving horizontally if A/D are ever pressed at the same time.

I see that it stops changing the input, but it keeps the value that it was before both were pressed.

I didn't see anything obvious when googling (or looking through settings).

11. guavaman

guavaman

What are the following settings set to in the Rewired Input Manager:
    • Settings -> Disable Native Input
    • Settings -> Windows -> Primary Input Source
    • Settings -> Windows -> Native Keyboard Handling

12. guavaman

guavaman

You seem to be referring to the (optional) Digital Axis Simulation:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/InputBehaviors.html#digital-axis-settings

All Digital Axis Simulation options are defined in the Input Behavior:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/RewiredEditor.html#InputBehaviors

13. m4a44

m4a44

Hmmmm, ok. I see it working now without the Digital Axis Simulation.

I'll play around with it minus the Gravity and Sensitivity. I might not need those with what smoothing I'm already doing.

That said, I would recommend either adding a "Cancel input on Positive/Negative presses" type of option (default true), or adding a quick note to the tooltip.

Thanks.

14. guavaman

guavaman

I'm definitely not adding a new default-to-true option that changes the default behavior of a system that has functioned the same way for 9 years. While it may make sense for your use case, it doesn't necessarily make sense for others.

The way Action axis values is calculated from underlying put element(s) are calculated is totally different depending on whether you're using Digital Axis Simulation or not. The reason the keys cancel each other's value out when Digital Axis Simulation is disabled is that all underlying controller elements contribute value cumulatively (if all underlying elements are Absolute values and not Delta values, which changes the calculus.) Therefore, two keys pressed at the same time contributing equal opposing values of 1 and -1 will result in a total of 0. This value represents the absolute value of all inputs at a moment in time. If you were to press two keys that contributes a positive value and one that contributes a negative value, the end result would be +1.

With Digital Axis Simulation enabled, a whole slew of other code is running to simulate axis value changes over time. With the default settings, two simultaneous key presses contributing opposing values will result in no change to the current value. This can be seen by pressing one key and then quickly pressing the opposing key before the value reaches +/- 1. If you press the negative key while the axis value is 0.5 going toward 1, it will freeze at 0.5 until one or the other key is released. Gravity is never applied until nothing is contributing to input anymore. What you're describing would require gravity to be applied instead when the sum total of underlying input values equals 0 rather than when nothing is contributing to input. That change would also likely lead to requiring a number of other options to manage the minutiae of how to handle it (drop to 0 instantly when opposing values are detected, apply gravity until it reaches 0, etc.) and it may conflict with the existing options Snap and Instant Reverse.

The only reason Digital Axis Simulation ever existed is because UnityEngine.Input has a very similar system which defaults to enabled. Rewired was made to be as seamless a drop-in replacement for UnityEngine.Input as possible, therefore it includes it. If I were to do all of this over again, I wouldn't have created it. I believe the whole concept of having the input system modify input values for what is ultimately almost always used for gameplay-specific functionality such as how quickly a character starts moving when a key is pressed is bad design. The specifics of how character movement occurs in relation to input is a gameplay concern, not a concern of the input system, and it should be managed by the game code instead.

My advice is to disable Digital Axis Simulation and manage how user input is processed in your code.

Last edited: May 18, 2023
  15. m4a44

m4a44

I might've communicated it wrong, or you misunderstood. I was never suggesting change the default behaviour (that would be stupid). I'm suggesting have the option to toggle it off (to get 0 on both button presses), or toggle it on to do so. Or just explain it on the tooltip so it's more obvious why digital axis simulation is doing that. I don't care. An actual axis (joystick) wouldn't ever have both positive and negative at the same time, so I was thinking there should be the option to have it act like one in this regard.

I was just suggesting an option where I (or someone else) could turn something on/off (opposite of default) to have such behaviour AND keep the digital axis simulation.
    The "default true" was just a default-as-it's-always-been suggestion (as you do have defaulted true settings), nothing more.

16. marchall_box

marchall_box

Hello,

How do I know if the controller is PS4 vs PS5? I see that GUID only exists for PS4 and ControllerType enum is only PlayStation globally. Any suggestions?

17. guavaman

guavaman

18. pahe

pahe

Hey. I had some time for investigation at the weekend and you're right that it works correctly. At least on some of our older machines the input is correctly processed. On newer machines though the numpad enter is recognized as return key. I toyed around with the settings and only the "Unity Input" setting was delivering two different inputs. All others were considering the numpad enter as return key.

For us it's now okay as we found our workaround, but if you want to investigate it more, let me know what info I could provide you.

Thx for your time!

19. guavaman

guavaman

Do not change the Primary Input Source to Unity or you will lose a ton of features of Rewired including Universal Xbox controller support and vibration. Disable Native Keyboard Handling to make Rewired use UnityEngine.Input.GetKey for keyboard input.

pahe likes this.
  20. pahe

pahe

Ok, thanks that worked as well.

21. phdhamster

phdhamster

Hi Guavaman,

Quick question: is there a way I can copy over a particular key/button binding from one action to another? This is a hypothetical example, but if I wanted the key binding to move forward to always be the same in my "driving" control layer compared to my "running" action category, is there a way I can just copy user keybinding changes from one to the other?

22. guavaman

guavaman

No. There is no copy / paste functionality in the Rewired Editor, and all Controller Map and binding management through scripting is an entirely manual process. There is no system designed to keep bindings in multiple Controller Maps in sync when something changes.

23. diesoftgames

diesoftgames

Hi, I'm having a strange problem I only see when Steam Input is enabled (and also on Nintendo Switch hardware) which causes UnityEngine.Input.anyKeyDown to not be true sometimes (only for gamepads, kbm always continues to register that as true as expected). It's a bit wild and hard to pin down, so I'm wondering if anyone has seen anything like this and might have a place to start looking. fwiw I don't know if it's Rewired related, but when I start up the RewiredInputManager, I get the "all pipe instances busy" error which I've seen others mention in this thread (but which is coming from Unity and not Rewired). Thanks for any insight and help narrowing this down.

Edit: Another detail: if I unplug and plug-back-in the controller in question, it doesn't have this issue, or if I'm spamming button presses at about the time that RewiredInputManager is awoken, it seems to behave just fine.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  24. diesoftgames

diesoftgames

Following up, I figured out more details about what's happening for me and how to work around it (seems like it's probably unrelated to Rewired and the errors are more related to Unity reacting in a weird way, I'm not sure).

In most cases (in Unity Editor or in builds without Steam Input running) I can disable all Rewired rulesets and UnityEngine.Input.anyKeyDown will still catch gamepad buttons presses. BUT when Steam Input is running (and also seems to happen on Switch) disabling all rulesets prevents Input.anyKeyDown ever being true for gamepads. This is an easy work around for me now that I know about it (just don't ever disable all rulesets if I need to get anyKeyDown) but thought I'd flag this in case anyone else is being mystified by this weird discrepancy in some contexts.

25. guavaman

guavaman

Rewired can't affect UnityEngine.Input calls unless you are using Unity Input Override, and even then it can't affect calls directly to UnityEngine.Input, only calls to Input (without the UnityEngine.Input prefix). Rewired cannot affect Unity's input system.

I've never seen an "all pipe instances busy" error, but it's definitely not Rewired logging that. Rewired does not use pipes. Steam does. Here's a generic search result for the error:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31700018/win32-api-named-pipe-all-pipe-instances-are-busy

Read this about how Steam works:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/Troubleshooting.html#steam

And read the section Steam under Best Practices:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/BestPractices.html

Specifically:

26. diesoftgames

diesoftgames

Yeah, I was digging into all of that and I am running Steam init before I introduce the RewiredInputManager, but it's when I introduce the RewiredInputManager and start enabling rulesets that the error comes up.

Code (CSharp):
    1. Joystick connected ("Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)").
    2. Joystick reconnected ("Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)").
    3. <RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:
    4. e7 All pipe instances are busy.
    It doesn't seem to cause any problems (aside from the UnityEngine.Input.anyKeyDown I mentioned above) but it seems like Steam doesn't like something that Rewired (or Unity) does when Rewired initializes?

27. guavaman

guavaman

Changing rule sets cannot cause anything to change at the device level. Rule Sets are entirely high-level. They work on Rewired Players and Controller Maps. These are all high level constructs that have no effect on anything at the low level. Enabling a Controller Map does nothing but allow the bindings in that Controller Map to be used for calculating the final Action values in a Player. Rewired.Controller consumes (is fed) information from the low level such as input values, but the relationship is one-way and happens continuously regardless of whether Controller Maps are loaded in a Player or enabled. The Controller object is always being updated every frame. Nothing at the high level (Rewired_Core.dll and the user-facing API) can possibly affect anything at the low level (internal platform and input-source specific input manager, in this case Windows XInput and probably Raw Input input managers.) with the exception of sending vibration or other commands to the device. Rule sets (whether you're talking about Map Enabler or Layout Manager) simply enable and disable Controller Maps and load/unload Controller Maps from Players. Neither of those operations have any connection to the device level.

All 4 of those messages are being logged by Unity. The message "<RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:" means Unity's Raw Input implementation (RI) is failing to open the HID device (you open a device in Windows by calling CreateFile.). Unity is trying to open a device and it is failing. The next line, "All pipe instances are busy." is probably just the failure reason. Unity is trying to open the virtual device created by Steam that is exposed as a pipe. It tries to open that pipe and fails. This sounds most likely to be a problem in Steam. Rewired does not access devices in exclusive mode so Rewired would not be responsible for Unity being unable to open the device. Unity has been throwing RI.Hid errors forever and it has been in the past a frequent reason people would contact me for support.

The reason Unity is showing the disconnect and connect messages is likely due to the fact that Steam, once initialized, hides the actual HID devices from the application and exposes its own virtual devices. Unity is simply reacting to this.

When Rewired initializes, it sets up everything for the current input managers for the platform. On Windows, by default, this means XInput Manager and Raw Input Manager. XInput is extremely simple and is just a polling based API. Just read device states. Raw Input is not so simple and is an event based API and requires the creation of a message Window, subscription to Raw Input events so Windows messages are delivered to that window, registering for device connection changed events, registration for Raw Input events for various device types to be delivered to that window, etc. All of this is required for Rewired to use Raw Input.

The Nintendo Switch platform works entirely differently than Windows + Raw Input. I cannot discuss the NDA-restricted platform here, but there's no way Rewired could possibly affect anything whatsoever in Unity's input system on that platform.

If Unity's input system is failing to work correctly after initializing Steam, I would report this to them.

Last edited: May 24, 2023
  28. diesoftgames

diesoftgames

Yeah, sounds like Unity just has some problems in some contexts I should flag with them. Thanks for all the details.

29. juanborgesv

juanborgesv

Hello Guavaman,

I noticed that Control Mapper Demo, and the adaptation done in my project based on SimpleControlRemapping (I imagine SimpleControlRemapping as well), when trying to set a new key and this key is Left Shift/Alt, it only works by holding the key and not as a button press like other buttons such as Q,W,E,1,2,3... In fact this is something that Control Mapper remapping window says "Press a key to assign it to fire, modifier keys may also be used. To assign a modifier key alone, hold it down for 1 second".

My question is, is it possible to not having to hold these type of keys? And if it's not possible can I get a bit of context why? Thanks in advance sir

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  30. guavaman

guavaman

Not in Control Mapper. In Input Mapper, yes.

The reason is, the program has to have some way to differentiate binding a modifier key + key (Ctrl + X) and just single modifier key which may be a member of a key combo.

Input Mapper options:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewir...er_Options_allowKeyboardKeysWithModifiers.htm
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewir...Options_allowKeyboardModifierKeyAsPrimary.htm
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewir...DurationToMapKeyboardModifierKeyAsPrimary.htm

juanborgesv likes this.
  31. juanborgesv

juanborgesv

Oh nice, thank you sir!

32. lyingturkey

lyingturkey

@guavaman PLEASE answer this man

33. guavaman

guavaman

lyingturkey likes this.
  34. robochase

robochase

Been using this plugin on and off for years. it's pretty good, until you run into a wall.

Why is the Rewired code obfuscated?

Why is there not a dedicated forum that is easier to search for answers? There are almost 9,000 posts in this thread, it's a nightmare to try to find answers. also it's nearly impossible to continue conversations about specific issues in the current format.

Also if you're accepting feature requests: I start up prototypes pretty often, and I feel like 90% of the time, I need Move Horizontal/Move Vertical set up for keyboard and controller. it would be pretty cool if there was a button you could press that would just automatically set up all the boilerplate Rewired Editor stuff that the Quick Start guide walks you through. This feature would have saved me hours by now, over the years.

35. guavaman

guavaman

There isn't really any point in me explaining why I made the choices I made with my software. Explaining why isn't going to change those choices.

Obfuscation: I have the right to protect my intellectual property (source code) and I choose to do so. Technical problems on tons of platforms and a constant barrage of new and changing Unity and Microsoft technologies that break with various forms of obfuscation have made it largely useless, being pared down to nothing but renaming over the years.

Support Forum: This support thread only exists because of Unity Asset Store convention. Direct email support is and always has been my preferred and primary means of providing support. Users must fill out a questionnaire in which they answer the important questions I am forced to ask over and over again in a forum format in order to even begin to diagnose their problems. They also provide me with an invoice number so I know I'm not sacrificing my time to provide free support to pirates. There are myriad reasons. And virtually nobody has ever supported anyone in this forum thread except me (look through the thousands of messages.) There is no community of members helping each other like there is for assets like Play Maker and many other tools. I have provided the equivalent of over 600 pages of documentation, not including the API reference, with Rewired, something that very few if any assets can match, and tons of examples and example code. There comes a point where it doesn't make sense to continue to devote more and more resources, effort, and time into developing resources for support. One could ask, why don't I have a YouTube channel with hundreds of tutorial videos, or why don't I have a Discord channel where people can ping me all day for instant support, or why don't I have dedicated support documentation and videos for Play Maker, Unity scripting, etc. I am one person with limited resources. Simply put, Rewired does not generate the revenue to justify such expenditures. I worked on Rewired full time for almost 5 years making it what it is at great cost to myself, much of that time dedicated to providing support. After 5 years, I realized that it was unsustainable and irresponsible to be spending all my time on a project that could only provide what amounts to a supplemental income, and continually adding unnecessary niceties did not translate into more sales.

Boiler Plate settings: As to boiler plate, you can easily solve that by making a prefab with your base setup and copying that whenever you want to start a project.

Last edited: May 27, 2023
    flashframe and robochase like this.
  36. Anticleric

Anticleric

Hi there.
    We're working on a PS5/ PSVR2 port using 2019.4.11f1 and we're getting some compiling errors. Can you confirm that Rewired supports PS5 for 2019 and that whether we need a certain version, or need to replace some DLL files.

I'm not the programmer, so excuse any strange wording. lol

Let me know. Thanks :)

37. guavaman

guavaman

Rewired requires a plugin for the PS5 platform. The PS5 plugin does support 2019.4. See the docs for info on how to get the plugin:

https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/SpecialPlatformSupport.html#ps5

Unifikation and Anticleric like this.
  38. Torukun_404

Torukun_404

Hi, I just bought this asset a couple days ago.
    I tried to AddInputEventDelegate() to Actions (Move Horizontal, Move Vertical) like this.
    rider64_IoRSt8bbHC.png

Also here is how I setup these actions and keyboard map, watch from official youtube channel and document. ( I'm not sure If this is right.
    Unity_qxKhxeuNDA.png Unity_zUD8eO0sBP.png

I try debug the output the added functions, its turn out that only the positive key (w, d) that invoke the function, despite the input axis work perfectly fine. Are there any InputEvents that work like start, perform and cancel from the new input system or Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance :)

39. flashframe

flashframe

Because it's an Axis you also have to register for the Negative button presses - ie. NegativeButtonJustPressed

https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/api-reference/html/T_Rewired_InputActionEventType.htm

guavaman and Torukun_404 like this.
  40. Torukun_404

Torukun_404

41. guavaman

guavaman

Flashframe is correct. See this for more information about buttons:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/HowTos.html#button-press-types

42. Torukun_404

Torukun_404

Yes, thanks a lot. I just found another wall, I tried look up into documentation but still can't find the solution :(

I tried AddInputEventDelegate() to NegativeEvent as Flashframe said, and its work perfectly.
    rider64_y6mqLRM2G9.png

Here is how I define Movement[]
    VxirS1PQQs.png

the Movement[] has serialized in scriptableObject
    Unity_AkAfKf0e4p.png

But when I added Mouse Map to Player, I try debug them and the mouse turn out to invoke those functions that I added to specific actions as well (none of elements in mouse map link to the same action & I haven't Add any delegate to mouse actions) I'm guessing that this have something to do with InputBehavior or Action name are too familiar to each other, but none of them correct. Sorry for noob questions even though your documentation is so detailed.
    Here is how I setup my mouse map and action, Thanks in advance again.
    Unity_WI0DNvwZBr.png Unity_I9FG71odJ5.png

43. guavaman

guavaman

You are using the wrong overload of Player.AddInputEventDelegate. You're trying to pass a list of Actions through the "arguments" argument. That will not work.

https://guavaman.com/projects/rewir.../M_Rewired_Player_AddInputEventDelegate_3.htm

arguments
    Type:System.Object[]
    Arguments for the event. See InputActionEventType for event types that require arguments.

https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/api-reference/html/T_Rewired_InputActionEventType.htm

Only certain event types accept arguments. Arguments are for setting various things like timings.

So because you have not passed an Action to the function, you are subscribing to all events for every single Action.

This is the overload you should be using:

https://guavaman.com/projects/rewir.../M_Rewired_Player_AddInputEventDelegate_2.htm

I also strongly suggest you export integer constants instead of using strings for Action names as the documentation advises because string comparisons are slow and waste CPU resources with every lookup:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/Actions.html
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/HowTos.html#exporting-constants

If you want define them in the inspector:
    https://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/HowTos.html#actionid-property-drawer

Torukun_404 likes this.
  44. Torukun_404

Torukun_404

Thanks a lot! I will try to look more into the document.

45. nandovilla

nandovilla

Hi guavaman! Do you have plans to add support for the Atari VCS controller? Thanks!

46. guavaman

guavaman

I don't. Adding support for this controller would not accomplish what you are likely alluding to which is Atari VCS platform support. To support that platform with all features, it would almost certainly require use of an SDK of some sort to gain access to additional features of the controllers and access system-level information such as player ids, etc. I am hesitant to add support for the controller with mappings because that might imply that Rewired supports the VCS platform as a whole which it does not and there are no plans to add this platform. (VCS is only supported insofar as it runs on Linux and therefore is supported as any other Linux platform.)

47. creat327

creat327

I've just got a reply from Unity that Rewired_core.dll is the one making fail the Unity compilation for UWP.

Can you check this on unity 2022 please?

I rolled back to a Rewired version from a year ago and it compiled without problem on UWP. So it has to be a change introduced in a newer version of Rewired.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  48. guavaman

guavaman

Nothing has changed in Rewired that would affect the UWP platform.

I need more information:
    1. What version of Unity 2022 are you talking about?
    2. What is the specific error that is happening?

49. creat327

creat327

Any Unity version on 2022 and up, including betas and coming alphas.

if I roll back rewired from a version of last june or so, it works without problem. If you try to compile UWP with the existing rewired version it will fail.

Error:

[LIST=1]
    [*]Error: method `System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ExpandableArray_DataContainer`1/yVbkoJthPXsUFZQiszzeiHFGwngO<YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA>::ATwikhrqGTImuneKcXFBIlqStdmf(YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA::ATwikhrqGTImuneKcXFBIlqStdmf(YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ExpandableArray_DataContainer`1/yVbkoJthPXsUFZQiszzeiHFGwngO<YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA>::YcQXrwtvpBcfwdEJYaDCturAJwis(YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA::YcQXrwtvpBcfwdEJYaDCturAJwis(YxmkgFSfRRehLfdXSJHKgfFXkPIn/RMcMNUeADQqrotQKObNXgMBfIxQHA/IMAVFWqbRyaOriRGvlMAVDmHtqnhA).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Boolean,System.Boolean>::vYKhjPMufxffombHNzQNEVbfTaBn()` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/YgrTTMvxuEOWizFSUZSdpfCKQBHb::vYKhjPMufxffombHNzQNEVbfTaBn().
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Boolean,System.Boolean>::KUIAtJqMMYDJUosZAstgMJgzvkW()` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/YgrTTMvxuEOWizFSUZSdpfCKQBHb::KUIAtJqMMYDJUosZAstgMJgzvkW().
    [*]Error: method `System.Void TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Boolean,System.Boolean>::tcPLkgtvYXtMhztJlMSFdgRSJQlu(System.Boolean,System.Double)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/YgrTTMvxuEOWizFSUZSdpfCKQBHb::tcPLkgtvYXtMhztJlMSFdgRSJQlu(System.Boolean,System.Double).
    [*]Error: method `System.Int64 TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Int64,System.Single>::vYKhjPMufxffombHNzQNEVbfTaBn()` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Int64 TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/JiiuyVSwnGtToFlhrBFCFalYqMvkA::vYKhjPMufxffombHNzQNEVbfTaBn().
    [*]Error: method `System.Single TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Int64,System.Single>::KUIAtJqMMYDJUosZAstgMJgzvkW()` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Single TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/JiiuyVSwnGtToFlhrBFCFalYqMvkA::KUIAtJqMMYDJUosZAstgMJgzvkW().
    [*]Error: method `System.Void TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Int64,System.Single>::tcPLkgtvYXtMhztJlMSFdgRSJQlu(System.Int64,System.Double)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/JiiuyVSwnGtToFlhrBFCFalYqMvkA::tcPLkgtvYXtMhztJlMSFdgRSJQlu(System.Int64,System.Double).
    [*]Error: method `System.Int64 TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Int64,System.Int32>::vYKhjPMufxffombHNzQNEVbfTaBn()` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Int64 TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/ngJwAHqXxnnQUEeYiJnGdtpLikxw::vYKhjPMufxffombHNzQNEVbfTaBn().
    [*]Error: method `System.Int32 TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Int64,System.Int32>::KUIAtJqMMYDJUosZAstgMJgzvkW()` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Int32 TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/ngJwAHqXxnnQUEeYiJnGdtpLikxw::KUIAtJqMMYDJUosZAstgMJgzvkW().
    [*]Error: method `System.Void TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/VyycpwMqMWPafwzUKpuRlbmFDHsEA`2<System.Int64,System.Int32>::tcPLkgtvYXtMhztJlMSFdgRSJQlu(System.Int64,System.Double)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void TTuBeDWPFRLGUezwkgnFJDfUBHjq/ngJwAHqXxnnQUEeYiJnGdtpLikxw::tcPLkgtvYXtMhztJlMSFdgRSJQlu(System.Int64,System.Double).
    [*]Error: method `System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerator`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>> System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::GetEnumerator()` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerator`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>> Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2::GknlUnVVuSbLFwBcqBeZGtnFMgqJA().
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::Add(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2::OIdHvltAIFJQzhLoWCGiIygYgJvw(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::Contains(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2::qYQSCuRmxcgnZaixwHYMBxmdMZJk(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::Remove(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2::jqvRTcEFIHXBEBIFtdkrGaIQScCH(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::CopyTo(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>[],System.Int32)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2::OuyosyrnGGcHKIULEgVhBCALQiMJ(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>[],System.Int32).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<TValue>::Add(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2/ValueCollection::SIoXjmSadlEUXbupgmedKqwghEvjA(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<TValue>::Remove(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2/ValueCollection::DesSffFPyBTtZgSrFDlAtGWPrvKj(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<TValue>::Contains(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2/ValueCollection::nlVfQDgjHwPjPUCCgAMIAYxczUqnA(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerator`1<!1> System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<TValue>::GetEnumerator()` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerator`1<TValue> Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.ADictionary`2/ValueCollection::LpBFWOGpafJMTHMrWnPLjoigtxQbA().
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::Add(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2::OIdHvltAIFJQzhLoWCGiIygYgJvw(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::Contains(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2::qYQSCuRmxcgnZaixwHYMBxmdMZJk(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::CopyTo(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>[],System.Int32)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2::OuyosyrnGGcHKIULEgVhBCALQiMJ(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>[],System.Int32).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>>::Remove(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,!1>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2::jqvRTcEFIHXBEBIFtdkrGaIQScCH(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,TValue>).
    [*]Error: method `!1 Rewired.Utils.Interfaces.IReadOnlyList`1<TValue>::get_Item(System.Int32)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at TValue Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2::xvLgwFhDUJgxsdQtkyZfrmAufdLab(System.Int32).
    [*]Error: method `System.Int32 Rewired.Utils.Interfaces.IReadOnlyList`1<TValue>::IndexOf(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Int32 Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2::snkdcZBTNzPVZnoodHfvFCvBgAqAB(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Interfaces.IReadOnlyList`1<TValue>::Contains(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2::JqAFRUAIpiVwvakbNwhAxhhbDswlA(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<TValue>::Add(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2/ValueCollection::SIoXjmSadlEUXbupgmedKqwghEvjA(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<TValue>::Remove(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2/ValueCollection::DesSffFPyBTtZgSrFDlAtGWPrvKj(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<TValue>::Contains(!1)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2/ValueCollection::nlVfQDgjHwPjPUCCgAMIAYxczUqnA(TValue).
    [*]Error: method `System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerator`1<!1> System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<TValue>::GetEnumerator()` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerator`1<TValue> Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.IndexedDictionary`2/ValueCollection::LpBFWOGpafJMTHMrWnPLjoigtxQbA().
    [*]Error: method `System.Void Rewired.Utils.Interfaces.IAddValue`1<System.Object>::Add(System.Object)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.SerializedObject::EvVCQgcYUVtwfebsmOTLFRRgHkUV(System.Object).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void Rewired.Utils.Interfaces.IAddKeyValue`2<System.String,System.Object>::Add(System.String,System.Object)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.SerializedObject::wtuBTuFFoSDLCsoighahRJCsMFGGb(System.String,System.Object).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<TKey,System.Object>::Add(!0,System.Object)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::zhITwmNzYReDTcCFCoMlCYjrdYov(TKey,System.Object).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<TKey,System.Object>::TryGetValue(!0,System.Object&)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::AYhDOUJAlXYaZrinHNmyAFHHuIOub(TKey,System.Object&).
    [*]Error: method `System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Object> System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<TKey,System.Object>::get_Values()` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Object> Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::PKGeMgPZAowetyvOauAgSwcWAOww().
    [*]Error: method `System.Object System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<TKey,System.Object>::get_Item(!0)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Object Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::adZCUclGWvRuNIOEfbztGcDzQSiCA(TKey).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2<TKey,System.Object>::set_Item(!0,System.Object)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::AJMbxfnBpBXsjmZMWENQQPxexOXC(TKey,System.Object).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>>::Add(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,System.Object>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::dAOCwBgszjLZywUnWfAvVaWkZSRB(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>>::Contains(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,System.Object>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::hevBnMjXpzfYrBKaQsicfPNVmsyM(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Void System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>>::CopyTo(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,System.Object>[],System.Int32)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Void Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::KNCtWxOrLTTTjgdXRDFAClpNUgIZ(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>[],System.Int32).
    [*]Error: method `System.Boolean System.Collections.Generic.ICollection`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>>::Remove(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,System.Object>)` doesn't exist in target framework. It [URL='http://www.google.com/search?q=is+msdn.microsoft.com']is[/URL] referenced from Rewired_Core.dll at System.Boolean Rewired.Utils.Classes.Data.KeyedGetSetValueStore`1::KhwjabhOFKyGIsSkQnELFTixsUDl(System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<TKey,System.Object>).
    [*]Error: method `System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerator`1<System.Collections.Generic.KeyValuePair`2<!0,System.Object>> System.Collections.G
    [/LIST]

50. guavaman

guavaman

Thanks. I have identified the problem. It was due to Unity's change to the NetStandard framework in Unity 2022 which required the use of a different custom obfuscator. It was still using the old custom obfuscator that was not compatible with NetStandard. This change was made in the first version of Unity 2022 and made that update to Rewired to support the new branch of Unity take many weeks longer than usual. I can't imagine any older version of Rewired working any better as there was never a version of Rewired for Unity 2022 released that wasn't built for NetStandard 2.1. Is it correct to assume you are using a version of Rewired built for Unity 2021 in Unity 2022? Because that's the only way I can imagine this working at all.

What this tells me is that you are the only person using Rewired on the UWP platform (in Unity 2022 at least). Rewired for Unity 2022 was released almost 1 year ago, and nobody else ever reported this.

This will be fixed in the next update.

Jmonroe likes this.