Search Unity

Rewarded Videos - Impressions vs Poor Revenue

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by digitalMUTANT, Jan 28, 2018.

1. digitalMUTANT

digitalMUTANT

Hello!

I recently release my new game : Jumpin'Stars on Google Play Store (only in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus and Portugal), of course the numbers of installs and DAU are still ridiculous, but even
    in that situation, i found it strange, that Rewarded Videos from UnityAds are not generation any revenue, as far as i can see at Unity Dashnoard Analytics

From example, in a day for around 24 completed rewarded videos views, it has generated $0.
    Shouldn't the Rewarded Videos be paid by completion, even if its only after 24, 10 or 1 impression?

I underline again: Its not about the impression number that i would like to focus this thread, but on the fact that a completed video view its not generating any money at all.
    (In other Ad Networks, like AdMob, they pay per click, even if we got only 10 impressions)

So, after this, i don't really know how Rewarded Videos works, because i thouth developers got paid for every completed videos, but it seems that is not the case.

In other hand, how developers who promote their games in UnityAds pays for Rewarded Video? Is from every time a video is completed, click or install?

So, can you guys, and maybe the Unity Support Team, help me on this question?

Thank you so much!

Bruno

Luto_Akino likes this.
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Probably our best official answers are

https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/f...rned-by-completed-views-or-based-on-installs-

https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/f...seeing-any-revenue-even-with-100-impressions-

Cannot reveal too much information about how our algorithms works, but at least you should wait until you have more traffic before making any conclusions about your revenue/eCPM.

I believe any other ad network would also require more traffic before being able to provide reliable revenue numbers.
    When you have more traffic, feel free to get back to us, if you are still seeing low numbers, to see if you can improve your integration of ads into your game. Also, you might want to expand to other countries as well.

Thanks,
    Rasmus

3. digitalMUTANT

digitalMUTANT

Hi, Rasmus!

Thank you so much for your response. :)

Unfortunatelly i can't open those links you provide me, right now... maybe the site is down. :(

Anyway, i continue to have more completed videos views(400), but almost no revenue ($0,21) .
    I tought that, rewarded videos came to reward users and also developers, by providing and watching those advertisings. Where in banners and interstital ads user should click to generate revenue, with rewarded videos, i tought that developers got paid only by video completion...

So i assume that developers dont get paid by video completion, but by other criteria, like user installs the app from the advertised video.

Am I right?

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Thanks for reporting, will find out what happened (and why it wasn't monitored...)

If the page had worked, it would have told you:

"Unity Ads generates revenue through generating views and traffic from your game, and you get paid on that.

There's no "one unified way" of pre-calculating the revenue generated to you as we run different types of campaigns (with different billing points, ie. completed views, clicks or installs).

Our system always selects the best (ie. in terms of money) possible campaigns for your users."

So no simple answer to your question. However to point out, the countries you are currently targeting (Russia, Ukraine etc) are among countries with lower eCPM, again based on advertiser interest for those countries. You should look to see if you can expand to e.g. European countries.

/Rasmus

5. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

@digitalMUTANT, the linked page is up again. We're restructuring our public documentation, and this page unfortunately had been taken down as part of this. We'll make sure to have the documentation available elsewhere and update links. But for now you should be able to access it.

/Rasmus

6. gusguida

gusguida

Hi,

I see that your game is very attractive to younger audiences. You should consider Saferize as a complementary revenue source. That's how it works:

1) You implement our parental control free Unity SDK
    2) Parents pay a subscription to Saferize to set time limits, pause/resume apps and other features
    3) We share that revenue with you

I'm talking about a subscription of something around $0.25/user/month. Would that be interesting?

Best,
    Gus

7. Luto_Akino

Luto_Akino

Hey, hello mutant. I read your sadly situation... How are you doing now?

8. omaglana

omaglana

Hello how is it going ? Any UPDATES ?