Search Unity

Rewarded ads, server-side verification, and per-install earnings in mobile app?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by rraallvv, Sep 14, 2019.

1. rraallvv

rraallvv

Hello community!

We'd be interested in adding Unity Ads to our mobile app. Does Unity Ads support rewarded ads with the option to have those verified from the server-side? Also, are earning payed in a per-install basis, instead of per-click/tap?

Any help or comment would be very much appreciated ;)

2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@rraallvv

We do support Server-to-Server callbacks:
    https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/s2s-redeem-callbacks

Once you have your endpoint set up, open a support ticket and we can provide you with the hash needed to sign and validate the callbacks.

This will vary depending on the type of campaign.

3. rraallvv

rraallvv

4. rraallvv

rraallvv

@ap-unity , with our current advertising network we were having an issue where the ads network SDK was calling the Java method to notify my app that the reward was accepted by our server before the actual s2s request was sent to our server. So, we didn't have a way to know from the app when our server accepted the reward as valid using the SDK, and the only way to know whether the s2s request was accepted or rejected was by asking the server from the app. Does the Unity Ads SDK notify my app when the s2s callbacks are accepted/rejected by our server?

5. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

The SDK will almost always return before the server, so to ensure a smooth gameplay experience, we would recommend you reward the players immediately and use the S2S callbacks for sanity checks against cheating.

6. gauravbc46

gauravbc46

I cant find the page to give url for server side verification. Where should i paste callback url

7. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

8. unadamlar

unadamlar

Hey,
    I would like to dabble with server side validation for rewarded ads as well.

The examples given in https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/s2s-redeem-callbacks use UnityEngine.Monetization while Unity tells me to use Advertisements. Can I use S2S callbacks with Advertisement instead of Monetization? If so, how do I set gamerSid through Advertisements? Or should I use the obsolete Monetization.

Thanks

9. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

@unadamlar The Advertisement API has a ShowOptions class that you can create and add the gamerSid to. This can then be passed to the Advertisement.Show function. For example:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         if ( Advertisement.IsReady() )
    2.         {
    3.             ShowOptions so = new ShowOptions();
    4.             so.gamerSid = "yourGamerSid";
    5.             Advertisement.Show( "video" , so );
    6.         }
    Hope that helps!

unadamlar likes this.
  10. unadamlar

unadamlar

@kr-unity This definitely helps. I'll get in contact with the support team with a callback url soon. Thanks a lot for the help!

kyle-unity likes this.
  11. debujji

debujji

@kyle-unity
    Is it possible to verify 'interstitial' type ads? For my use case, when user finishes a level, the game is managed to show a simple interstitial ad. I want to verify level finish by s2s callback.
    Btw I'll use s2s callback with rewarded ad type too for some user bonuses.

UPD:
    it is not possible, only rewarded ads are supported.

Last edited: May 17, 2021