Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Rewarded Ad Units Rewards?

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by Novack, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Novack

Novack

Hello. Im just starting implementing the mediation sdk, and found no place to define rewards type and amount.

The flow works nonetheless, with the console reading as follow:
    upload_2021-11-3_13-45-31.png
    But where is that defined?

Thanks in advance.

2. MonishGupta

MonishGupta

Unity Technologies

Hey Novack! So these values come back from the ad networks themselves. If you were to configure their values, you would need to do so on the ad network's website you're working with. Some ad networks don't have a concept of reward types and amounts in which case those fields are filled out with bogus data. Note that if you're working in the editor, you're not actually contacting any ad networks and those fields will contain bogus data regardless (type: test, amount: 1.0). In conclusion, the
    RewardedEventArgs
    are just meant to supplement the
    OnUserRewarded
    callback shouldn't be depended on to contain useful data unless specifically set up for that ad unit through the third party adapter you're working with.

3. Novack

Novack

Hey @MonishGupta thanks for the clarification.

So for what I understand, I create the ad units at Unity Mediation, then create the corresponding ad placements at each network, but then where do I setup such placements name/id at Unity Mediation?

Also, one more question. I noticed there are client side callbacks, but no server to server callback for the rewards validation. Usually, there is something along the lines of "S2S Reward Callback URL" and "S2S Reward Callback Encryption key". Right now, there is no server authoritative validation for rewards using Unity Mediation?

Thanks again.

4. tailorjay

tailorjay

Unity Technologies

Hi @Novack Currently we only have client side callback for RV but server side S2S reward callback is in design phase and will be released in coming months. Meanwhile you could still use individual ad network s2s callback (which I agree may take more time to setup). Just wanted to ensure that is something team is working on. Thanks for feedback!!!

5. Novack

Novack

Hey thanks for the answer on S2S callbacks.

Still waiting for info regarding how should I link a network rewarded placement with a Unity Mediation rewarded ad unit. There doesnt seem to be a place where to define placements names or ids on the ad sources.

6. CyborgAmy

CyborgAmy

Unity Technologies

Hi Novak! The place to link the placements you created in other networks to Unity Mediation is in the Waterfall. This is all done in the dashboard.

Log in to unity.com, and navigate to Monetization from the left side nav. Set up your org and project if you haven't done so yet and make sure to specify Unity Mediation as your mediation provider. We will auto-generate ad units for you, one per platform per format so you can use those right away. You can always go to Ad Units and create more later.

Next, navigate to the Waterfalls page for the project. We auto-generated some waterfalls here as a starting point - there should be one that uses the Rewarded Video ad unit, targeted globally. You can use this, or create a new waterfall and specify the desired ad unit and geo targeting. Within a waterfall is where you can specify line items for different networks. For non-Unity network's line items, you will be asked for the placement ID. For Unity line items, we will automatically create placements for you with each line, so there is no need to create and supply the placement IDs.

By the way, we created a set up checklist to help you through the process. At the bottom, there is a link to a waterfall-specific guide if you want more information.

Hope this helps!

7. Novack

Novack

Excellent, thanks a lot!