Search Unity

Rew Studio Games

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Papaskippy, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Papaskippy

Papaskippy

I have 3 games on the google play store.
    All are Free to play
    Just released my 3rd game for the Google play Store please check it out and give it a try.

Hot taters - Bringing the classic game of hot potato to a new tech generation. Throw your phone around and see how many points you can get. The faster and higher the phone moves the more points you get!!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RewStudio.HotTaters
    FeatureGraphic.png

Slush's Adventure -I also have a 2D Platformer out that is quite the challenge and not for the weak of heart. See how far you can get in this challenging platformer.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rewstudios.slushsadventure
    Feature.png

Country Horse Design - For kids who like to color and decorate horses. You can change the background, saddles, horse hair color, and designs on the saddle.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RewStudios.CountryHorseDesign
    feature_graphic.png

All games are free to play. All made 100% with Unity. Would like to have any and all feedback that i can improve to make the games better.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  2. verybinary

verybinary

First off, Direct Play links would be nice
    Secondly, Does Hot Taters require you to actually throw your phone around?
    Fourth, Reiterating "Free to play" like you are currently translates into "Enough ads to choke a camel" and/or "Loot boxes are awesome"
    Yes, I skipped the third, because I wanted to
    But I will be trying the Slush after I get home. It looks like it could be engaging, and I'm kind of adverse to throwing my phone at people.

3. Papaskippy

Papaskippy

Thanks for the feedback.I appreciate it.
    Ok Direct links added.
    Yes hot taters actually requires you to throw your phone. You don't have to throw the phone to others you can toss it to yourself up and down. We thought we would try to target the party people who don't care about their phone as much or at least to the rich crowd.
    I do have a couple ads. i don't feel they are over bearing at all. I personal don't like an over abundance of ads but i understand there purpose. I do have some in app purchase but they are no way required to finish any of the games.
    Yea Country Horse is more for the younger generation and i am more worried about the other 2 games as country was my first attempt at making anything.
    Hope you enjoy Slush's Adventure and look forward to any feedback you have on it.

4. verybinary

verybinary

I'm offended at the play store write up.
    Well, not offended, that was just a catchy way of starting this off, but you say its not my grandpas platformer because its hard. Have you ever beat Aladdin? Lion King? Ghosts and Goblins. Games used to be hard. Being grandpas platformer doesn't have to be a bad thing.
    The ads aren't as bad as you made them out to be. None were in the middle of a jump. That's good. And I didn't see one in between every level. But what if...
    I've seen a increasing number of "watch an ad for 10 coins" kinda thing. You could experiment with this, and be able to put one before of after every level. They tend to be the 30 second unskippables that you use anyways.
    Controls. I kept losing track of the jump button. I lost the movement buttons too, but that wasn't as big of a deal. You could keep the jump icon where it is just to display the jump functionality, but make the entire right half of the screen a jump button.
    And the jump physics were "off"...
    This is the only actual complaint I have. There is a completely linear jump, then a sudden(and usually unexpected) peak. And the same linear speed on the way down. Jumping in a platformer is just kinda crucial.

5. Papaskippy

Papaskippy

sorry if i offended you with the play store write up. i will rewrite it. What i was trying to convey is that it is as hard as the old games but in a different style. I love the classic platformers. Just for the record i have beat Aladdin and Lion King. Ghost and goblins I could never beat it though.
    Thanks for the tip on the jump button idea. I will consider changing that. Not to sure about changing the ads but it is something i will look into.

Yea I had a hard time with the jump physics when I was setting it up. I thought I had it somewhere in the middle where it was linear as well as being momentum based. Some more things to look into.
    I appreciate all the feedback. You gave me lots to think about and ideas on how to improve the game. Thanks

MoonJellyGames likes this.
  6. verybinary

verybinary

I wasn't offended. And I'm sure you're gonna nail it. Good luck.

7. Papaskippy

Papaskippy

I updated the jump area you can press. i changed it to be about half the screen so hopefully that helps. I also updated the store write up. i am still trying different things for the jump physics. So that part might still take awhile. Again thanks for the feedback

verybinary likes this.