Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Revit importation error

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by unity_aica01, Sep 3, 2020.

1. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hello every one hope someone can help me:
    I´m developing a Custom Reflect Viewer for my company and I have a mistake in my Viewer and it´s that when i have configured all the secene (change materials, and other stuff) and the Viewer, when i run it, it can´t show the metadata, but if I open another Project that has not been opened in the editor, i can see it. I think´s this may can be because my scene is not saved in he Project section of Reflect Viewer, so my question is: How can I upload my changed Project into Reflect.

PD: Also, every time I import a big Project from Revit, or if I install a Custom package, Unity crashes out...

2. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

It sounds like you are importing the model and not opening it at runtime through the viewer? In that case the viewer functionality will not be available for the model via the viewer. You say you are building a custom viewer, why? Do you need a viewer with only the one project in it?

unity_aica01 and DavidMenard like this.
  3. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Yes, I´m opening it through the viewer, I think that if I have a Revit model open in my scene at the same time that it is the Viewer, the viewer won´t show me the metadata because it opens the reflect Project while the Scene model stills there. (IdK if im explaining myself, sorry my english its a bit poor)…
    THe reason why I´m building a custom viewer is beacuse in my company want to get all the branding stuff in it and also add some functionality to it.

4. quintus_smit

quintus_smit

Yes, that would be the case.
    Have a look at learn.unity.com, there are tutorials there I wrote on how to customize the viewer. If you need to access the runtime model for custom functionality, it can be done through script.
    The streamed model is created at runtime as a child of the Root object in the Reflect Viewer prefab.

FredMoreau and unity_aica01 like this.