Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Revert Changes?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Kajamaz, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Kajamaz

Kajamaz

Had a team member commit changes and had errors in their commitment. How do we revert it to on old version and remove his commitment? Thanks!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Kajamaz! You can open the Collab History window (by going to Window->Collab History) and Go Back To the problem commit to see their changes. However, only 5.6 has the rollback feature that will allow you to do what you're asking, which is "undo" a commit by letting you go before a problem commit, make new changes, then push them to skip the following commits.

For 5.5, it's more roundabout but if you had a commit that really screwed up your project and you can't continue on from it, you can unlink your project by going to the Services window (clicking the Cloud icon at the top or by going to Window->Services), then switch to the Settings tab (you may need to widen the Services Window to see it). From there you can unlink your project and create a new link, which will essentially create a brand new project from your current local version of the project, skipping the breaking commit. The downside is that you won't be able to go back to any earlier commits since that will be your first commit for that project. Your old project will still exist on the Cloud so you can always go back to it if you need to. The new project will also have "(1)" appended to its name, but you can rename that later in the same Settings tab.

I hope that either of those options help to get you unstuck and I apologize for the roundabout method for 5.5 if that's the version you're currently using. Let me know if you are still having issues.