Search Unity

Looking For Contributor [Rev-Share] Isles Of Pangaea Needs Help! (Dinosaur Survival Game)

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by Keldam_Entertainment, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Keldam_Entertainment

Keldam_Entertainment

I'm looking for qualified people who want to volunteer to work on my project in exchange for revenue sharing. In the game you play as different dinosaurs species (41 species currently), grow from a hatchling to adulthood if you can survive, fight other dinosaurs, eat food and drink water, improve your stats, collect items for various things, build a nest and hatch baby dinosaurs, and more. A lot more features are to be added in the future. The game has singleplayer and multiplayer modes.

The game has been on Steam's Early Access list since September of 2020 and has sold hundreds of copies. I've put thousands of hours of development and testing into the project since its release.

I'm looking for:
    • a 3d modeler for dinosaurs
    • a 3d modeler for vegetation.
    • a 3d modeler for props.
    • a 3d animator for dinosaurs.
    • a texture artist for dinosaurs.
    • a level designer.
    • a sound effects designer for dinosaurs.
    • a user interface designer.
    • More details below for each category.

I need for 3D Dinosaur Models:
    • 3d models of dinosaurs that can be rigged, animated, and textured in Blender.
    • Models need to be look realistic.
    • Each Dinosaur needs two versions hooked up to a blendshape. A hatchling version and an adult version that can use a blendshape to morph between the two models.
    • Currently there are 41 playable dinosaur species, all of these except a few (unless you want to redo those 3 new models as well to fit your style) need to be recreated in higher detail. They can be created at your own pace and can be released as updates to the game over time.
    • More species will be added to the game over time, so more work will be required periodically.
    • I need someone that can invest some time, it doesn't need to be a lot of time, but things need to get done as soon as possible with the project and things can't be left partially completed.
    • This position comes with 5% Revenue-Share.

I need for 3D Dinosaur Animations:
    • Someone who can animate dinosaurs, animations like walking, running, sprinting, eating, drinking, sitting, sleeping, attacking, swimming, flying, roaring, etc.
    • Currently, you'd be doing around 25 or so animations per dinosaur, with more animations being added as new features are added to the game.
    • We currently need a Parasaurolophus and a Dimorphodon animated, they've had new models made for them but we haven't been able to get them animated yet.
    • The new tyrannosaurus model has most of its animations but could use a few more.
    • This role will require additional work as new models are made for existing dinosaurs, as new dinosaurs are added to the game, and as new features are added to the game.
    • I need someone that can invest some time, it doesn't need to be a lot of time, but things need to get done as soon as possible with the project and things can't be left partially completed.

I need for Dinosaur Textures:
    • Someone who can make skin textures for dinosaurs.
    • Multiple texture sets per dinosaur. (For example, forest texture theme, desert texture theme, tiger theme, etc.)
    • A male and female variant of each different texture set. For example the Tyrannosaurus Rex might have 5 different texture sets, one for a forest theme, one for a desert theme, etc. and each of those sets would need to have a male and female variant that looks slightly different for identifying the males and females of the species.
    • Only 3 dinosaur species have had custom models made so far and require new textures to be made for them.
    • The other dinosaur species are using dinosaur models purchased from the Unity Asset Store and do not require textures made for them at this point though that would definitely be a bonus for the game until custom models are made for them.
    • There is no limit as to how many texture sets can be made for each species, this will kind of be up to how much work you want to do, though as a minimum each species would need a few texture sets.
    • This role will require additional work as new models are made for existing dinosaurs and also as new dinosaurs are added to the game

I need for 3D Vegetation:
    • 3d models of trees, plants, and grass, that can be used with the Unity Terrain System, Vegetation Studio Pro, and as plain Game Objects.
    • Models need to be prehistoric in theme.
    • Models need to look realistic.
    • Models need to be textured.
    • They need to be able to receive wind from Unity Wind Zones.
    • Creating your own shaders for the vegetation may be required.
    • Additional features may need to be added for the vegetation as development continues. (Subsurface scattering on the leaves for example)
    • Blender is preferred for the .fbx files.
    • Currently there are 7 biomes in need of vegetation, deciduous forests, coniferous forests, jungles, deserts, beaches, prairies, and underwater.
    • This role will require additional work as new sub-biomes, major biomes, and vegetation features are added to the game.

I need for 3D Props:
    • 3d models of dinosaur nests, dinosaur eggs, dinosaur skeletons, corpses, pieces of meat, and things like pinecones, starfish, and sea-shells.
    • Models need to be prehistoric in theme.
    • Models need to look realistic.
    • Models need to be textured.
    • Blender is preferred for the .fbx files.
    • This role will require additional work as new biomes and dinosaurs are added to the game.
    • This position comes with 2.5% Revenue-Share.

I need for Level Design:
    • Multiple maps, each with its own environmental theme or main biome, 32k x 32k in size.
    • Current Major Biomes include: Prairies, deciduous forest, coniferous forest, jungle, desert, and underwater.
    • More major biomes could be added such as: Swamps.
    • Sub-biomes to add variety to each biome.
    • There are terrestrial and aquatic environments.
    • I would like for there to be lakes, streams, and rivers in some of the areas.
    • I would like for there to be some caves and caverns above and below water.

I need for Sound Effects:
    • Sound effects for dinosaur roars.
    • Multiple roars per species for different behaviors (peaceful, aggressive, fearful, etc.)
    • Possibly one of each roar for each growth stage (hatchling, juvenile, sub-adult, adult), this is up for discussion because I can adjust the pitch of the sound effect in code if needed instead.
    • Eating sounds for carnivores and herbivores of various sizes.
    • Footsteps.
    • Attack sounds.
    • This role will require additional work as new dinosaurs and features are added to the game.

I need for User Interface:
    • Someone who can design and build a user interface.
    • Character Selection and Creation Screen.
    • Main Menu.
    • Options Settings Window.
    • Escape Menu.
    • Dinosaur Stats and Advancements Window and Icons.
    • Hoard Inventory Window.
    • Nest Inventory Window and Stats.
    • Multiplayer Lobby Window.
    • Multiplayer Room Window (current game)
    • Group User Interface.
    • Overhead healthbars and Status Icons.
    • Game overlay for things like health meters, stamina meters, growth meters, hunger, thirst, experience etc.
    • Inventory Item icons.
    • This role will require additional work as development continues, as features change, and as new features are added to the game.

If you're interested, need more information, or have any questions feel free to contact me.

If you want to find out more about what the game currently has in it and some of what is planned for the future of the game check out the Steam Store page linked here:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1403110/Isles_of_Pangaea/?beta=0

The game also has a Discord server where you can find information about the game, a roadmap, and update news:
    discord.gg/UHBDrURTHy

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
  2. Keldam_Entertainment

Keldam_Entertainment

3. Keldam_Entertainment

Keldam_Entertainment

4. Keldam_Entertainment

Keldam_Entertainment

5. Keldam_Entertainment

Keldam_Entertainment

6. Keldam_Entertainment

Keldam_Entertainment