Search Unity

Looking For Contributor [REV SHARE] Experienced pixel artist for Turrican style game

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by Nith666, May 5, 2022.

1. Nith666

Nith666

Hi everyone,
    we're currently developing a Turrican like run and gun game and I'm looking for an experienced pixel artist who would like to join our team (fully remote). Though the project has the clear intention to become a commercial product in the end, all of us are working part-time on rev share basis on it and this model must work for you as well. So far our team consists of a developer (me) and a musician/sound creator, both with ~20 years of experience under our belts. We have developed and published games under this model in the past and we are prepared for a launch on all relevant platforms (devkits, etc.).

About the project:
    • some info about the current status can be found on the fb page https://www.facebook.com/Protonites/
    • huge levels with interesting, not too repetitive tile sets
    • different game mechanics during the game
    • lots of parallax layers
    • lots of bosses
    • no general palette or tech restrictions (e.g. we're using post processing and alpha light effects)

About you:

Must haves
    • you're capable of creating not just the regular outlined stuff you see everywhere atm but a more "realistic" look without losing typical pixel art appeal (dithering for example)
    • 5+ years of professional experience creating pixel art and respective reference material is available
    • experienced in creating tile based graphics
    • animation skills
    • you've worked on game titles in the past that have actually been released
    • good written and spoken English or German skills
    • you can properly handle criticism
    Nice to haves
    • affinity to retro gaming, ideally 16Bit era
    • good communication skills
    • experience with level design
    • experience with game design
    If you're interested please contact me on Discord (nith#9084) or PM me here, I'm looking forward to getting in touch!

Farolino likes this.