Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

return to cadaversby

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by relish3d, Mar 23, 2008.

1. relish3d

relish3d

Hiya
    Thought I'd start a new post - previous one was called 1st ever WIP or something like that. Anyway, been busy on my zombie horror game and heres the link to still Work in progress web version. Its 25 MB and not complete -ragdolls need work, still got a lotta modelling to do etc.. Love to hear your views, crits and praises.
    F = flashlight on / off.
    1 and 2 and 3 change weapons.
    http://www.soulray.co.uk/cadweb.html

cheers
    Gaz

2. drag0nsphere

drag0nsphere

WOW!!! Except for the fact that i was running at 3FPS it was an amazing start. Awesome graphics. You may want to try optimizing it though.

3. tim

tim

25+ fps on my G5. The fog effect is really nice.
    Attempting to shoot through the fence that surrounds the graveyard results in bullet holes floating in the air.

4. nickavv

nickavv

Love the style. :) I got a reasonable framerate on my Intel Core 2 iMac (white edition), but when I tried to shoot the corrugated metal thing the game hung and crashed Firefox. Got to kill a few Zombies first though. :)

5. relish3d

relish3d

thanks for the comments- I do plan to optimise more at a later date.

@ drag0nsphere: what machine are you using - I'm planning for it to run best on at least G5 with 256mb graphics (and probably min spec G5 with 128bm graphics - which is what I'm using - currently runs at about 20 fps on good quality)
    @ tim : yeah, gotta still sort out a way to prevent that, the bullet holes also hang in the air when you shoot the breakable chipboard thing. Its because I've used box colliders there instead of mesh ones to help speed things up!

I'm glad your liking the style though- I really want to get the atmosphere right - also at the moment it hangs if you blow yourself up!

cheers
    Gaz

6. BlueMumm

BlueMumm

I noticed some things that are easy to do that will add some polish to the game.

1. When you fire the gun turn on a point light from the gun
    2. Make the bomb have a point light when in air. Then increase the intensity when it explodes.

Its looking good cant wait to see more :)

7. theMightyAtom

theMightyAtom

Great work Gaz, the modelling, textures and atmosphere are first rate. The houses look very realistic, though the brick texture might want scalling down a tadge. The large tree looks a bit out of place in the road.I like the fact the railings don't sit perfectly straight, adds realism. Is this based on an actual location? It certainly feels that way.

A soundtrack could really add to the atmos. Thinking along the lines of the crypt in Wolfenstein II. Here's one, http://www.audiolicense.net/track_details.asp?type=4&cd=&trackid=10202&l1=&l2=&l3=&l1c=&l2c=&l3c=

..and a great site for quality soundtracks at affordable prices btw.

I look forward to the next installment :O)
    Ran fine on my crappy XP laptop.

Cheers

8. relish3d

relish3d

thanks for the comments. The point lights suggestion was great - such a simple addition has really added a lot! thanks BlueMumm (I havent put a new version up yet tho-working on adding the other weapon choices first)
    Great link Mighty Atom - thats the kinda mood I'm going for, I'm having fun recording my work collegues and friends making zombie noises at the moment-hilarious!
    Yeah, the tree wont be staying there, it's a left over from many frustrated hours trying to create decent tree! The village is based on a mix of many places I've either visited or lived in, all piled into one. I walk past a very similar station everyday to work :)
    I've posted a coupla images here.
    cheers
    Gaz

Attached Files:

9. relish3d

relish3d

and another pic

Attached Files:

10. drJones

drJones

very well done all around - i love the fire effect when the molotov cocktail hits.

now give that pistol some recoil!

: )

11. KlaRo115

KlaRo115

Very cool! :)

Attached Files:

12. relish3d

relish3d

ha ha! yeah Gaston, thats one of the things I gotta fix in the ragdoll-think I need to alter the bone structure! Its made quite a few of my mates laugh!

13. relish3d

relish3d

well, been playing around with what it would look like in daylight. The whole maps getting too big now-the web player version is 70MB!!! so will put standalone versions to download soon, but for now heres a few new screenshots. Hoping to get a final level 1 demo finished by end of may/june.
    Gaz

Attached Files:

14. Krise

Krise

Thats really sweet mate, would love a few spawn points for the flesheaters though so the mayhem doesn't have to end ;)

Krise

15. Jessy

Jessy

My framerate constantly varied wildly from about 20 - 100 fps (current gen MacBook Pro). It never felt slow. Nice progress.

16. showson1

showson1

Looks like a fantastic job!
    I'm waiting for the web version to finish loading.

The town looks really great, did you do all the art yourself?

17. relish3d

relish3d

cheers guys.
    Yeah, I plan to optimise things a bit once I've finished putting everything into the game. The town just keeps expanding on me though-I keep having new ideas I want to incorporate!!
    Yeah, I modelled everything, its taking me far longer than I had hoped but I don't want it to be yet another project I never finish!!
    Gaz :)