Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Return of the style/VrActivityTheme not found in AndroidManifest.xml [kindofSOLVED]

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by bensenior, Apr 2, 2019.

1. bensenior

bensenior

After getting this error from Gradle in 2019.2.0a9 I finally tracked it down (roughly) to my having (at some point) added support for Google DayDream into the list of supported devices, then having removed it again.

Unity then (probably) failed to correctly update some internal dependencies when you *remove* DayDream from the list of supported devices, leading to the merging problem with the AndroidManifest.xml. Once I realised that the VrActivityTheme is DayDream only (https://developers.google.com/vr/reference/vr-manifest) I tried adding DayDream back into the list, and suddenly the project could Build and Run.

Somebody might want to look into this a little more deeply.

PsijicNine likes this.
  2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The team is aware and we already have a potential fix in the pipeline.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    ROBYER1 and FROS7 like this.
  3. VirtualPierogi

VirtualPierogi

Tried the same approach and it didnt help, should i remove cardboard from the list?

PsijicNine likes this.
  4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

The fix is about to land and will most likely arrive in the 2019.2 build we're planning to release around May 7.

FROS7 likes this.
  5. seantibb

seantibb

Any update on this? Getting the same thing this evening after switching the Build from Oculus to Daydream. Is there a workaround until 2019.2 is out?

6. michaelf2016

michaelf2016

I'm having the same problem.

7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

stefan002 likes this.
  8. omanuke

omanuke

I encounter this problem with the project from LWRP VR template on Unity 2019.1.8f1.
    I know it's a preview, but I hope it should be fixed.