Search Unity

RETRO FPS (SHOOTER) 3D KIT - WOLFENSTEIN & DOOM KIT

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Drymarti111, Jan 27, 2022.

?

Would you buy this package with Multiplayer for:

1. 9$

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. 11$

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. 15$

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. 19$

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. 25$

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  6. 39$

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  7. 49$

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Welcome to FPS Retro Shooter KIT v1.6

Link Assetstore: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/fps-retro-shooter-complete-kit-209391

This package is fully created with mind of people wanting to create games like your favourite Retro FPS - Wolfeinstein 3D or Doom 3D straight out of the box!

Systems and tutorials are fully prepared for beginners as well as for experts in Unity. Scripts are fully commented with plane language.

Create your FPS Retro Shooter in just few minutes. Just drag, drop and have fun!

WHAT'S INCLUDED:
    -Ready VIDEO&Written tutorials
    -Health, Armour & Ammo systems
    -Animated Avatar depending on Health %
    -Main Menu (Animated)
    -Fully Created Level to Play
    -Enemies AI (Normal, Slow, Flying and Boss)
    -Enemies have 4 states (patrol, alarm, atack & chase)
    -Boss Fight (With few phases)
    -Bonuses (pickup ammo, health & armour)
    -2 Weapon styles (Pistol & Rocket) (for now)
    -New Level Systems
    -Several graphics for Walls, floors (more coming)
    -Complete Player System
    -Pause Menu (On Escape)
    -Death Menu (Lose Screen)
    and much much more coming!

Update v1.3 added:
    -
    Shotgun Weapon + Shotgun Ammo
    -Main Menu and in-game Settings (graphics, resolution, music etc)
    -Gaining Score after defeating enemies
    -Bulletholes on Walls

AI Update (v1.5) added:
    -More enemy attacks to choose from inspector for each (phases) (v.1.5)
    -2 more enemy types (v.1.5)

Save/Load Update (v1.6) added:
    -Level Selection System - Unlock levels
    -Simple Player/Variables save/load system (to be upgraded in future updates)

NEXT UPDATES:
    Weapon Update (v1.7):

-Extra Weapons (SMG or Revolver) (v1.7)
    -Player Malee Weapon (v1.7)
    -Grenades (possible) (v1.7)

Game Content and Functionalities Update (v1.8 & v1.9):
    -Extra Option to add the Reloading Animation (v1.8)
    -More Enemy Attack Phases (v1.8)
    -Simple Inventory (Droppable Weapons) (v1.9)
    -Weapons UI (See your weapon selected on UI) (v1.9)
    -Destructable Environment (v1.9)

Most Important Updates (after v1.9):
    -MULTIPLAYER CO OP (up to 2-4 Players) (v.2.0)
    -50 more textures (Walls, Floors, Extras) (v.2.0)
    -MOBILE System (v.3.0)
    -and more

-And we will see what you want :)

This Kit will allow you to create your FPS Retro Shooter Game within minutes!
    Support: mcgamestudios@gmail.com
    Video Tutorials:

Unity Forum: Here
    Third-Party Licensed Products Used: Kongtext.tff font - free for resell and commercial use

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    hoschi3d likes this.
  2. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

What would you like to see as a 3rd weapon category? We have: Pistol, we have Rocket and what's missing? ;)

3. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

SMG & Shotgun

Drymarti111 likes this.
  4. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Ooou yeah. Got it. So actually in about a week I'll start making all updates up to 1.9. To add some features before the Multiplayer.

Is anyone actually waiting for mobile or multiplayer? Or You prefer more in-game content first?

5. TechSinsN

TechSinsN

Perfect that sounds great!

honestly I would prefer in game content first to make it more complete before multiplayer and mobile

Drymarti111 likes this.
  6. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Getting Score in-game and Game Settings are now done! Change how much score you are getting from each monster straight away from the Inspector. No coding!

New Release v1.3 is pending right now! With 3rd weapon added...Shotgun!

Next Update v1.3: In-Game Settings, 3rd Weapon and Score
    Following Update v1.4: Save/Load the in-game progress(health,score,armour,position&scene)
    After that v1.5+: Adding new types of enemies: new phases, new attacks, new monsters etc.

upload_2022-1-30_23-45-31.png

upload_2022-1-30_23-43-32.png

Screenshot11Shotgun.png

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  7. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Let me know if you need a strict-adding new weapon tutorial. Step by step. There are several things that you might need to do, so I am happy to stream/record a dedicated video.

It is still super easy, mostly copy/paste and making your own sounds/graphics.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  8. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Update v1.3 is now live!

Update 1.5 is on its way. Tutorial on how to create weapons (full with ammunition and scripting changes).
    New enemies and new battle phases. Each enemy can has his own battle phase.

Phases:
    1) Faster Shooting
    2) Stronger Enemy Damage
    3) Multiple shooting (2,3 or more missiles: spreaded or in line)
    4) Faster walking, running, hiding
    5) Flying
    6) Changing textures or functions on new phase: for example getting bigger/making itself red etc.

Each can be made from the inspector, so you don't have to code those phases yourself. Each can be also applied to different enemies.

hoschi3d likes this.
  9. hoschi3d

hoschi3d

Really nice asset. What I would still like to see: bullet holes on walls, grenades, knife attack.

10. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Hey Hoschi!
    There are bulletholes on walls already in! :)
    Grenades and malee weapon - noted. Will add it to the updates.

Also Probably some monitoring system or destructive environment could be quite an idea for "modern retro games".
    Thanks a lot!

If anyone has any ideas what needs to be added to the game (functionalities that might make you buy or upgrade the package instead of things you could do yourself) - let me know! :)

hoschi3d likes this.
  11. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

So... What other phases would you like to see or to create? :)
    Update v1.5 is OUT NOW. Updates roadmap is written above within the Original Post.
    Screenshot13New2Monsters.png
    Screenshot14MonsterPhases.png

Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  12. hoschi3d

hoschi3d

Have tried it now and it really a very good asset. There are a few things I would still like to see. Some of them you already have on your list.

- Crouch, walk crouched
    - Pick up weapons
    - Possibility of a reload animation

13. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Probably as the Retro games had no crouch or walk options - I might not add those to the asset. However! Those are very simple to make, and I can create OR give already existing tutorials on how to make them within this project. That way, we could build some learning-games development community.

About Pickup weapons - That's coming. Reload Animation - that one might be interesting and I am able to implement that feature. I will either make special "Add-ons" tutorials OR I'll add that functionality within the asset itself :)

Thank You a lot for ideas. That reloading and pickup for sure will be needed. Crouching had been requested before but I think tutorials would be the best for such a feature.

Hoschi, if you like the package, would you like to take a minute and leave the review? Let me and people know what you think and how do you like using the asset. That might be helpful for some to find it easier :)

14. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Update 1.6 Save/Load system (Player, highscore, life and level system) is going to be uploaded around next week. It is at its development finish at this moment.

Would you like to see any special saving/loading systems? Maybe level selection menu? Or rather "Start new game" and "Load Game" system?

15. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Level Selection System has been added to the newest 1.6 version of the RETRO FPS KIT!
    Level Selection unlocks levels that player can run.

About saving and loading game (player position, ammo, health, armor) - it is already added to the game in 1.6 and fully functional, however it needs much more work. I would like to upload new load/save game system once it also saves: enemies positions, picked bonuses etc. It requires much more work than expected.

To test save/load system in real-time navigate to level1.scene and in Player-> Canvas-> PauseMenu-> activate gameobjects Save & Load Game buttons. That will allow you to save all player's variables in real-time.

hoschi3d likes this.
  16. bdamnjanovic

bdamnjanovic

17. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

18. warpedpipe

warpedpipe

@Drymarti111 How difficult is it to add barrels that can be shot and explode and crates that can be destroyed? Crates may leave items behind for pickup.

Also, does this package support player jumping and going upstairs to have multi platform levels?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
  19. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

Is there the option to add a right click to zoom/aim down sights? I know it's not much of a retro feature but having a modern feature in a retro setting could be fun.

Droidman2023 likes this.
  20. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Hey hey! Barrels and destructable objects are added and waiting to be approved within the newest version :)

About stairs and jumping. I haven’t added jumping cause it’s not retro style - but this controller can do anything normal character controller does. It can climb, go on slope etc - it just needs basic configuration or any simpliest youtube tutorial to set it up for your needs.
    I’ll make new „example map” with slopes.

I might add „non retro features” as optional functionalities to be turned on.

About this one: I had no plans of doing it to be honest, as it’s all 2D sprites. I might think of adding it as an optional feature. If not - I’ll make „modern addons package” to this game (free for anyone who already bought the package).

21. Stormjar

Stormjar

Hey this is a really stupid question but how do I increase the mouse rotation speed? Do I need to add something to this bit: //Using mouse to look left/right
    float horizontalRotation = Input.GetAxis("Mouse X");
    transform.Rotate(0, horizontalRotation, 0);

Thanks!

22. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Sorry for such a late response! I'm back from quite harsh flu and ready to support it all again!

So, I have added sensitivity as my to-do list task, so you could change it within the inspector within the next smallest update.

Here is the quickest option for now: PlayerMovement.CS (script inside the Player Object)

Add new variable: public float mouseSensivity = 1f;
    and then in void Update():
    void Update()
    {
    //Using mouse to look left/right
    float horizontalRotation = Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") * mouseSensivity;

Add * mouseSensivit at the end of that float horizontalRotation line.

then below that add *mouseSensivity in that line:
    //Using mouse to look up/down
    verticalRotation -= Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") * mouseSensivity;

23. jjdomain

jjdomain

Hello, is there an ETA for multiplayer and mobile version?
    Really looking forward to use this asset for mobile.
    -multiplayer - in addition to online, would you be able to implement local multiplayer? 2 players using the same screen/device (PC and mobile)
    -mobile - v2 instead of v3? Also hooks for ads (when and how often ads trigger).
    Thanks!

24. jjdomain

jjdomain

Hello, are you there?

25. alllen

alllen

Would be interesting to play a demo of this to play it in action rather than watching a youtube video

26. Droidman2023

Droidman2023

is the project still alive? updates planned?
    Make the weapon be able to be raised and lowered 30 degrees up and down to kill spiders that crawl on the ceiling and floor. Мodern-Upgraded retro is always better than old retro

27. lod3

lod3

Also curious if this asset is still active.

28. Tobop10

Tobop10

I hope it is. I've emailed the dev and he says it will be.
    But no specific date given. Or any note on a possible price rise, during the updates.

*edit*

Here is a thing I'd like to see implemented, but - optional:

Different weapons stored under the same number: Like in some other games (for example: Blood), if the player picked up the 3 types of explosives, they could press 6 three times to cycle through the different types of 'grenades' (so to speak). Also making a bit of a joke on 666 - but this could also apply for all weapons. So if a player picks up another pistol, they can have dual pistols and so forth. But if they want to retain ammo, they can select/cycle back to a single weapon.
    This could confuse things, though as now the animations and bullets could be tricky - if you wanted to have 1 gun fire at a time, like in the game Rise of the Triads 2x pistol setup.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  29. Tobop10

Tobop10

I hope Drymarti111 is ok. We were discussing the projects situation, when suddenly - gone. Who knows what's happned?