Search Unity

Retro Dungeon

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Littlenorwegians, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Littlenorwegians

Littlenorwegians

Well, I figure I could expand a little bit on the project. Briefly and with something a little visually stimulating.

Retro Dungeon is an action dungeon crawler. What this means is that it will play more like Exhumed, if you ever played that, than an straight-out RPG. Though, the game will feature loot, potions, gear and NPC dialogue. Level structure and progression will be similar to Thief, having a very open level with optional side-objectives that gives rewards. Also similar to it will be motion comic intros and outros to each level.

The game is still in very early production. The prototype level is being made alongside the design document so that I can better put down a reasonable scope. (I need to know what I can do before I design a game around a mechanic.)

A screenshot of the current build.

Know that you can open the door, read a book, collect the gold potion and open the chest. Interactivity is key.

Such will be the art style.

Here is my Deviantart page, if I may promote myself a little.

A few early images of potential items in the game.

So, that's my little showcase, for now. Also, I've only used Unity for a little under a month. Any thoughts at all?

2. Rastafari

Rastafari

Looks good!

3. Tasarran

Tasarran

Looks promising!

And if you actually have the interactivity you mention already working, sounds like you are getting the hang of Unity pretty darn well.

4. TehWut

TehWut

Awesome! A lil' bit of nostalgic value I might add ;)

5. Littlenorwegians

Littlenorwegians

Thanks, the interactivity is there. I will have to make an upload of the gameplay soon, once it's more polished.