Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Retrieve runtime asset by label ?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by aurelien-morel-ubiant, Aug 8, 2019.

1. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

Hello @unity_bill,
    Could it be possible to retrieve asset bundle on a server by label set from the addressable setting side ?
    I explain :
    - We would build every asset separetly but we tag them with labels.
    - During our runtime process we load the catalog from the distant server and we would load every asset with a specific label.
    For example in an inventory system, this could allow us to load every door, window, etc...
    In this way we keep the atomic management of our asset in this way we can update them one by one and not and entire bundle that would be packed by label (one of your packing options).

Or I think it's possible but not convenient for us by doing as many asset group as we need by label and as many asset group that we need to pack them separetly.
    For example 2 groups "Door-PackByLabel" & "Door-PackSeparetly" with each the specific options and upload them on the server.

In this way we could I supposed retrieved what we want but as I said it's not convenient. It could be useful to keep this label logic into the catalog to retrieve atomic asset by label batch.

Quick Edit :
    I just figure out that is impossible to have the same asset into 2 separated bundle when we put it into one group it's removed from the other.

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

It sounds like what you want is to just label things, do "pack separately", then do "DownloadDependenciesAsync(label)".

Then you get a bunch of separate bundles, all of which will be downloaded when you ask.

aurelien-morel-ubiant likes this.