Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Retargeting: Model change induced errors

Discussion in 'Animation' started by JohnHudeski, Oct 11, 2018.

1. JohnHudeski

JohnHudeski

I successfully retargeted an animation from a mecanim unfriendly skeleton to one of the models supplied by unity. I did this through motion builder.
    As per Motion Builder suggestions, I followed the usual re-scaling of the model so it is similar to the target model.
    This new animation imports accurately into Unity3d (i.e when I import with the scaled model) but whenever I use another humanoid model (even the imported model in its unscaled form) I get hyperextensions and foot bones that flip upwards

Unfortunately bandicam does not show my mouse, I was highlighting the right foot
    also note that i switch the models half way through

2. JohnHudeski

JohnHudeski

I think the problem was due to my humanoid being created with the enforce-T option which wasn't aligned
    and not the bind pose