Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

restrict app to iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by aerende, Jul 1, 2010.

1. aerende

aerende

Is it possible using the Info.plist to restrict an app/game to run only on the iPhone 4?

2. eviltenchi_84

eviltenchi_84

When you build the game in Xcode, make sure the iPhone OS Deployment Target is set to iPhone OS 4.0, this will make it so only 4.0 devices can run the app.

3. TheChronicPhenix

TheChronicPhenix

I think he was asking about restricting it to the actual iphone 4 device, not the software.

4. arzi

arzi

IIRC, you set the minimum device requirements when uploading the game to iTunes Connect.

5. aerende

aerende

Right, I'm asking if the app can be restricted to run only on the iPhone 4 device. I.E. I'd like to provide graphics that are 960 x 640 for the iPhone 4, and these wouldn't look right on an iPhone 3G, since the 3G has a screen 1/4 of the size of the iPhone 4.

@arzi -

You used to be able to select the devices that the app ran on when you created the app in iTunes Connect. But now, that section of iTunes Connect has a link that says that you can restrict which devices the app runs on using the Info.plist. But I wasn't able to find any information on how to do this with the Info.plist, and was hoping someone on this forum knew how.

6. aerende

aerende

Would setting UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities to "front-facing-camera" restrict the binary to iPhone 4?