Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Restoring Transactions for every session

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by r137, May 1, 2018.

1. r137

r137

According to docs restoring transactions for non-consumable IAPs only works for first session of reinstallation:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPRestoringTransactions.html

I want to add "remove ads" IAP to my game. Isn't it convenient to check if user have this item or not for every session start ? By default, restoring transactions works only once when user deletes the game and reinstalls it. So, I need to store this information by using less secure ways like PlayerPrefs. I don't want to do this because of security concerns. PlayerPrefs or any other local file based options can be edited easily by user.

Is it possible to force restoring products every time user starts the game ? I understand on iOS this is not possible because user needs to enter password to restore products but on Android this is not needed. I am using codeless IAP and I am able to this by some hacks (by editing IAPButton.cs's OnInitialized method) but this doesn't look like appropriate method.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You would want to implement your own product inventory solution, this is something we are considering in a future release. One thing you might try (but not directly supported) is to return Pending instead of Complete from ProcessPurchase. This might trigger another ProcessPurchase the next time the app is started.

3. unityjingyao

unityjingyao

Unity Technologies

4. VuHuyHoang

VuHuyHoang

Same problem !

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please describe your problem

6. the_lemur

the_lemur

It's not made clear in the docs if this information is still available if the network is down or the play store is down. Is the state of product receipts stored locally, or is it read from the store? Otherwise you'd lock up your entire purchased inventory.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Read from the store. It's best to use local (or cloud) inventory management for purchases.

8. the_lemur

the_lemur

Thanks. I wasn't sure so I just did both and merged the results.