Search Unity

RestAPI - post method string size limitations

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by SplashFoxGames, Jun 17, 2019.

1. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

Good day, dear developers!

Can you please advice on next:

I have in-app purchases. I validate it using backend server. So once a purchase successfully done on iOS - I have a 4k+ string - hash code of the receipt that I need to sent to my backend server via RestAPI (POST method).
    I can send this string from Editor (hardcoded hash), thats fine for Android as well, but on iOS platform it seems there is some limitation of json string I can send using POST method... ? the request just stuck and return code = 0 after half minute or so.

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Sounds like a bug we recently fixed. It's an issue we had with HTTP/2 (though it's possible it could occur with 1.1 too).
    If you don't want to upgrade, you have two options to manually fix it:
    - in exported XCode project modify UnityWebRequest.mm and increase the buffer size
    - in exported XCode project uncoment old backend in WWWConnection and comment out the new one

3. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

Thanks, I'm using Unity 2019.2.Alpha14 build. Will check what you propose and let you know within a day-two

4. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

yes, I changed one value from 1024 to 8192 and seems working now (and uncommented some things). From another side - for sure the fix will be included in 2019.2.f1 right ?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

A 4K receipt? Is this a tester account perhaps with hundreds of purchases? Apple typically returns all receipts. Or does this happen on a new tester account with a single purchase?

6. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

4480 chars takes the hash-code string - single consumable purchase 1 product id by 1 user
    then backend send this to receive information about the purchase (much smaller data) to Apple verification service/site. Sand-box mode.
    I receive this string from Apple after test purchase successfully done and then my backend send it to https://sandbox.itunes.apple.com/verifyReceipt

in answers here you can see a sample of the looooong receipt string : )
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33843281/apple-receipt-data-sample

I also tried to hardcode this string and send from Unity Editor and Android build - all is good there, the limitation is only on iOS build

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it! Yes, I wasn't aware that it's so long