Search Unity

Resource Blocked when Installing Post Processing Package?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by TheGameNewBie, Feb 12, 2020.

1. TheGameNewBie

TheGameNewBie

I'm using the Universal Render Pipeline in my current project.
    Whenever I try to install the Post Processing Package through Package Manager, It gives me an error saying,

'EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open "ProjectPath/Library/PackageCache/.tmp......./copy\postprocessing\Textures\LensDirt\LensDirt00.png"

There isn't any other application which is using the file at that moment.
    Also, I tried going to the path in explorer, and there isn't any folder named ".tmp.......", even with Hidden Files shown.
    I'm having this issue since I upgraded to the 2019 version of Unity.

2. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @TheGameNewBie,

The
    .tmp
    directory is a temporary directory created by Package Manager while we copy files to the cache, it gets deleted as soon as the copy is complete. We have seen issues like this before where another process within the Unity editor is keeping track of files in your Project/Library folder and attempts to read the file while it is being written by Package Manager causing the EBUSY error. Could you copy the whole error message that you see in the console so we can identify where it's coming from? Or is that all the error message you're given?

3. TheGameNewBie

TheGameNewBie

I re-installed Unity and It works now. I can import the Post Processing Package.
    Well, I got a total of 4 error messages.
    Sorry, I don't have any way of reproducing them now.
    Thanks for the reply though.

4. Battleb

Battleb

Hi,
    i'm having lots of these errors and i cannot upgrade any package.
    the LWRP is particularly critical for me, i have these errors:
    Code (csharp):
    2. Cannot perform upm operation: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open 'C:\Dev\SpaceFox\Library\PackageCache\.tmp21748DGxqJlpR8RFG\copy\InputSystem\NativeInputRuntime.cs' [NotFound]
    3. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()
    and
    Code (csharp):
    2. Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [com.unity.render-pipelines.lightweight@7.2.1]:
    3.   One or more dependencies could not be added to the local file system:
    4.     com.unity.postprocessing: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open 'C:\Dev\SpaceFox\Library\PackageCache\.tmp21748JZxhnF49luE5\copy\PostProcessing\Editor\Tools\DefineSetter.cs'
    5.     com.unity.render-pipelines.core: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open 'C:\Dev\SpaceFox\Library\PackageCache\.tmp2174897SqhwAdEqfo\copy\Editor\InspectorCurveEditor.cs'
    6.     com.unity.render-pipelines.universal: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open 'C:\Dev\SpaceFox\Library\PackageCache\.tmp21748IFm6d1FtW0vF\copy\Runtime\ScriptableRendererData.cs'
    7.     com.unity.shadergraph: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, open 'C:\Dev\SpaceFox\Library\PackageCache\.tmp21748rvJVGN96lQ2t\copy\Editor\Data\Graphs\GraphData.cs' [NotFound]
    8. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

unityunity