Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Audio Resonance Audio SDK for Unity: Deliver High-Fidelity Spatial Audio at Scale

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by michaelberg, Nov 6, 2017.

1. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi all, how to use the AudioMixer to control the volume of “Resonance Audio”? I can use AudioMixer to control the volume of non-Resonance Audio sounds, but I can't control the volume of “Resonance Audio”.

2. Docaroo

Docaroo

You can't unfortunately ... all Resonance Audio Sources go directly to the ResonanceAudioRenderer so any mixer effects or volume before the renderer is not applied.

3. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

OK, thanks for reply.

4. brianpkenney10

brianpkenney10

Hey doing a project for a class and I am getting the following:

Assets/UdacityVR/Scripts/LightUp.cs(78,21): warning CS0618: `GvrAudioSource' is obsolete: `Please upgrade to Resonance Audio (https://developers.google.com/resonance-audio/migrate).'

I am trying to upgrade to the Resonance Audio Source...imported the resonance audio package and also changed settings in Unity. Struggling with replacing the code. The warnings are from the following code:

this.GetComponent<GvrAudioSource>().Play();

I can't find a .Play() method for Resonance. Help?

5. Arnould55

Arnould55

Hello everyone. Thank you for exposing this with us, I find it really interesting! However, one detail trots me a little on this detailed information, I would like to expose it if it is possible. Thank you for your return.  Good luck to all.

6. Arnould55

Arnould55

Hello everyone. The information is important. Thank you for entrusting them to us. By the way, I would like to know more about a specific topic among this information please if it is possible. Thank you for your return.  Good luck and strength to us. Sincerely

7. davidjames3321

davidjames3321

Thanks for this information. It is useful

8. netpost

netpost

Hi,

Is the Resonance SDK still working on Unity 2019.3? I tried to import the package but It doesn't seem to load anything in my assets folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

9. pgv200080

pgv200080

Hi,
    I use Resonance Audio in my game. Originally I used Unity 2019.2f1 but then I updated to Unity 2019.3.15f1 after I got the following problem:
    In the game preview, the plugin works great but when I build the game for Windows x86_64 every Audio Source with ResonanceAudioSource script attached stops working.
    In x86 it doesn't work either. Updating Unity didn't solve the problem.
    All the steps to configure Resonance Audio were followed properly.

I tried getting the console info and this is what I got:

Audio source failed to initialize audio spatializer. An audio spatializer is specified in the audio project settings, but the associated plugin was not found or initialized properly. Please make sure that the selected spatializer is compatible with the target.
    (Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Modules/Audio/Public/AudioSource.cpp Line: 361)
    Audio source failed to initialize audio spatializer. An audio spatializer is specified in the audio project settings, but the associated plugin was not found or initialized properly. Please make sure that the selected spatializer is compatible with the target.
    UnityEngine.AudioSource:SetSpatializerFloat(Int32, Single)
    ResonanceAudioSource:UpdateSource() (at C:\Users\Lenovo\...\Assets\ResonanceAudio\Scripts\ResonanceAudioSource.cs:171)
    ResonanceAudioSource:Update() (at C:\Users\Lenovo\...\Assets\ResonanceAudio\Scripts\ResonanceAudioSource.cs:154)

and this:

Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Lenovo/.../Sleep Paralysis_Data/Mono/audiopluginresonanceaudio
    Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Lenovo/.../Sleep Paralysis_Data/Mono/audiopluginresonanceaudio.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Lenovo/.../Sleep Paralysis_Data/Mono/audiopluginresonanceaudio
    Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Lenovo/.../Sleep Paralysis_Data/Mono/libaudiopluginresonanceaudio
    Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Lenovo/.../Sleep Paralysis_Data/Mono/libaudiopluginresonanceaudio.dll
    Fallback handler could not load library C:/Users/Lenovo/.../Sleep Paralysis_Data/Mono/libaudiopluginresonanceaudio

I haven't been able to find a solution. My coding skills are very limited, so I'm pretty much in the dark here. Hopefully someone can help me.

10. leonardfrancomichael

leonardfrancomichael

Hi im late, thought… but could you make it?

11. leonardfrancomichael

leonardfrancomichael

Hi mate, I'm having the same problem. Can you fixed it?

12. wagonicfolding

wagonicfolding

Probably good to mention there's version for use with WWISE and with vanilla Unity as well. Not everyone uses FMOD. (in fact probably most people don't)

This initial release includes: 3D audio spatialization, ambisonic soundfield rendering, reverb rendering using a room model with custom surface materials, occlusion, sound directive controls, source spread controls, distance attenuation.

13. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Is this thing still supported? The package is deprecated and the sdk repository hasn’t been updated in years. @michaelberg @alperg @emauskopf

Freznosis likes this.
  14. Freznosis

Freznosis

I'm also wondering about this. Such a shame to see a very useful plugin like this get abandoned. Also looks like those Google employees haven't been on the forum since 2017 and 2018 respectively. I guess that really cements that this has been abandoned.

15. id0

id0

It's maybe deprecated, but it still works. I'm using it.

16. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Does Resonance Audio still work with Unity 2020.2 ?

17. Freznosis

Freznosis

Just tested it and it still works fine for me. That said, I'd recommend using the FMOD Studio version instead as it is still actively developed and supported there. And also.. you know.. FMOD Studio is awesome.

atomicjoe and AcidArrow like this.
  18. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

Unity should REALLY integrate Resonance Audio by default and maintain it.
    Such a missed oportunity!

19. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

They are not going to do that, that would be so very un-Unity like. Just use FMOD Studio.

20. atomicjoe

atomicjoe

I don't want to rely on third parties. Specially on very expensive ones.
    EDIT: I know there is a free indie license, but the fact that you have to pay a license PER PROJECT is a big no-no for me.

cecilferguson74 likes this.
  21. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It's free if Unity is also free for you. If you're above the free threshold, and you're already giving thousands of dollars per year to Unity, 2000$ once is pretty reasonable, no?

I find that once per project, meaning for one game and all its ports you pay once and you're done, is pretty reasonable, as opposed to paying per month regardless of what you do.

Also 3rd parties are more reliable than any feature that Unity has ever made.

Anyway. To each his own. I find being less reliant on Unity, and not having to deal with Unity's abandoned and, frankly, horrible, audio stuff, is very much worth whatever caveats you may think there are.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
    Freznosis likes this.
  22. mommyhairs

mommyhairs

check my reviews

unityunity