Search Unity

[Resolved]XboxOne and other platform Development builds

Discussion in 'Windows' started by vuyiswamb, Sep 23, 2015.

1. vuyiswamb

vuyiswamb

Good Day All

i have a question related to to Windows or XBoxone One , i know that Microsoft now want us to develop XboxOne from Windows Platform. i want to release my Game this year , already started the game but i hired a Team of Gamers. i want to clear my assumptions here.

Assumption 1:

If i want to develop Games for Xboxone. Microsoft will give me access to the XboxOne Sdk as they did to me and my developers will use Unity to develop the game and when its time to compile the Game, the sdk must be installed on the developers machine and they will select XboxOne and after that they will compile it and i have an XboxOne Game to test in the Online Console or my console at home.

Can some check if my assumptions are right, this applies to PlayStation compilation. i know with Android you need to download the sdk and it is the same processes as the above.

Thanks

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

There's one incorrect thing: instead of Microsoft sending you SDK, they will also send you a dev console, to which you can deploy and test your game - you will not be able to deploy to your normal console at home.

Other than that, your description sounds accurate.

3. vuyiswamb

vuyiswamb

Thank you very much , i understand what you mean. my assumptions are cleared.