Search Unity

[resolved] Vanishing Text

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by funkyCoty, Oct 14, 2019.

1. funkyCoty

funkyCoty

I'm having an issue where text is randomly vanishing. It seems to affect only one Material, but if I change the material then hit play, different sets of text start to vanish instead.

The crazy thing is, resizing the game window will fix the problem. All the vanished text returns. Also, any vanished text in the Game view will be visible in the Scene view.

Here's a small clip of resizing the window "fixing" it.

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it? I've been stumped for a very long time on this.

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Are you using TextMesh Pro or UI Text?

3. funkyCoty

funkyCoty

TextMesh Pro - although sorry, I just found the issue. I updated TMP previously and it wasn't fixed, but today I realized I never re-ran the tool "Window/TextMeshPro/Import TMP Esssential Resources." I re-ran that today and it seems the issue is resolved! The only shader differences I see are related to some unity instancing stuff, so it must have been related to that.

4. funkyCoty

funkyCoty

@Stephan_B it would be nice if TMP used assets from its own package folder, now that it's a Unity package. See the Post Processing Stack v2 for an example, we don't need to import anything, and can get any resources we need from it still just fine, even importing for custom shaders works fine.