Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RESOLVED] Trippy camera/lighting issue

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by AppCity, Jan 25, 2021.

1. AppCity

AppCity

Relatively new to Unity so probably a careless mistake, but after making a few modeling updates I started having 2 strange issues at runtime (possibly related, not sure): 1. Some sort of runaway light overflow, and 2. certain GameObjects (basketball hoops) are no longer visible.

Editor (note visible hoop):
    EditorViewScreenshot2.PNG

Play:
    PlayMode2.jpg

Never had any issues with this before, just started after I made a few modeling updates around the floor level.

Tried deactivating all lights, light probes, and reflection probes, no difference. Turned off all post-processing effects and it did partially reduce the light overflow issue but still happened. Hoops are marked static.

Using Unity version 2021.1.0b3 beta (might be part of the issue?), URP, baked indirect lighting, few baked lights + few mixed. Can provide whatever other details might be needed.

2. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Not sure about the lighting. Could the hoops be layer related? Maybe you added them to a layer that the camera's culling mask does not include?

AppCity likes this.
  3. AppCity

AppCity

Yep... that was it, forgot to update the camera's culling mask to include a layer I added recently. That was also causing the lighting issue since part of the ground level was part of that layer.

Thank you @PraetorBlue! At least I prefaced with "probably a careless mistake"... :)

4. PraetorBlue

PraetorBlue

Ah wow, had no idea I was going to solve the lighting issue too! Oops!

AppCity likes this.