Search Unity

[RESOLVED]Short sound weird cut in import problem

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Pectorel, Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pectorel

Pectorel

Hi ^^
    I need your help cause I have a weird problem with audio import. It seems that when I import very short loop (between 0 and 1 seconds) , the end of the sound magically come to the beginning of the sound. Here's an example :
    audioproblem.PNG
    But in audacity the audio seems just fine :
    audioproblemauda.PNG

2. lami

lami

I had the same problem. Since I needed a quick solution I added a few hundred samples of silence at the end of the clip as a workaround. Then the import worked for me. Nevertheless I think we should file a bug report for this.

3. Pectorel

Pectorel

Thanks for the help ! Worked for me too. And yes it would be great to file a bug report but that's strange nobody did it before =/

4. lami

lami

5. Pectorel

Pectorel

Hi again ^^
    The problem has just vanished lol
    The sounds were in .wav and automatically compress to mp3, but when I relaunched the Unity Editor yesterday, the files was compressed to vorbis and there were no more bug.
    That's weird because the compression format was already on vorbis when I imported the files the first time

6. lami

lami

Well seems that it happens just with short sounds in mp3 format for me too. Unfortunately I can't use another compression format. :(

7. Pectorel

Pectorel

I don't really understand how I changed the compression format cause it was on vorbis the whole time.
    It just changed when I tried to manually modify the compression format in some .meta files which are created when you import a file or multiple files.
    I changed the first line to a random number, maybe that's the way to force the compression format to change?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.