Search Unity

Bug [RESOLVED] Package manager install hangs on specific version.

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by jorrit-de-vries, Jun 21, 2021.

1. jorrit-de-vries

jorrit-de-vries

Trying to install the recommended Cinemachine version, 2.7.4, causes the packagemanager to stay in an eternal process. Only being able to end it via quiting the editor. 2.7.3 and 2.6.5 install without any issues.

2. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hi @jorrit5477 thanks for the report.

Can you tell me which platform/OS so I can attempt a repro?

Please note that the team are participating in their annual hackweek, so it might take a little longer than normal to reproduce and offer a potential fix.

[EDIT]On Mac High Sierra, this works perfectly for me with CM 2.7.4 and 2021.1.12f1. I'll set up my PC sometime today and attempt there.[/EDIT]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  3. jorrit-de-vries

jorrit-de-vries

I am using Windows 10.

The inconvenience is that in the package manager in the 2021 there is no easy way to select another version. I had to do that manually via the manifest.json.

marc_tanenbaum likes this.
  4. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

OK, I'll check it out on my Windows box later today, thanks. Apologies for the inconvenience.

5. jorrit-de-vries

jorrit-de-vries

6. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hi @jorrit5477

Just tested on my Windows 10 PC. It also works precisely as I would expect it to. I'll note that in both cases I was simply testing with the 3D project template. It's possible there's something different in your project that might explain the issue.

My suggestion at this point would be
    1. Try a new project built from the 3D template to see if you get the same result I do.
    2. Use the bug reporter to inform us, ideally including the project and the error logs.
    It may be that this is a Cinemachine issue, but at this moment I'm more inclined to imagine something somewhere else, and it just happens to manifest itself as you install CM.

7. jorrit-de-vries

jorrit-de-vries

The original project was an empty project from the 3D template:
    Created a new project, same issue.

Tried to update cinemachine from 2.7.3 to 2.7.4 in the original project and received the following error message when trying to update the package:

Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to add package [com.unity.cinemachine@2.7.4]:
    Cannot fetch authorization code. User access token is expired or invalid. You may need to sign out and sign in again.

I did that, quit Unity, signed out of Unity Hub, signed in to Unity Hub, opened project and updated with success.

Thanks for the help!

NB. How can I mark the thread as resolved?

Mobazy, Eeffyy, oleg_v and 4 others like this.
  8. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Wow, sounds like a real pain (and my sincerest apologies that you had to do all that).

As for resolving, I'm...not actually sure! I think folks sometimes just alter the title of the post to prefix it with [RESOLVED] or something like that.

Eeffyy and dorgidony like this.
  9. jorrit-de-vries

jorrit-de-vries

Well, it's not so much work/pain, but kind of odd that I didn't get any message when trying to install it the first time. I'll make the title a bit more generic for others to find the solution, and add [RESOLVED] to it as well...

marc_tanenbaum likes this.
  10. lclemens

lclemens

Thanks... signing out and signing back in solved my issue too. Unity hub 3.0.0-beta and Unity 2020.3.17f1.

oleg_v likes this.
  11. gxxaxx

gxxaxx

November 11th, this is still an issue.
    But, alas, signing out of Unity Hub and then signing in again let me install.

lclemens likes this.
  12. lclemens

lclemens

Still an issue... 11/25/2022. Still signing out and signing back in over-and-over multiple times a week because Unity Hub gets confused. I'd say it never gets old, but that would be a lie.

13. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Reported this to the Package Manager team with a link to this thread. Hopefully it'll get some kind of attention.

[UPDATE Nov 29, 2022] Spoke with the team. They tell me they're working on a solution.[/UPDATE]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  14. lanah5

lanah5

idk what the hell to do-
    [Package Manager Window] Cannot perform upm operation: Unable to perform online search:
    Cannot fetch authorization code. User access token is expired or invalid. You may need to sign out and sign in again. [Unknown].
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

15. Deleted User

Deleted User

"User access token is expired or invalid. You may need to sign out and sign in again. [Unknown]."

In Unity Hub, sign out and then sign back in. It fixed it for me.

LeaMaude, tosiabunio and Gregoryl like this.
  16. chilton

chilton

Having that problem tonight. I tried signing out of unity hub and signing back in did not help.