Search Unity

Bug RESOLVED: Nintendo Switch - Unsupported controller

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Vahradrim, May 9, 2022.

1. Vahradrim

Vahradrim

Hello,
    I am trying to connect my Nintendo Switch controller the Unity game I am developing.
    The controller works on Windows 11, I am able to play Steam games on the same computer, same controller.

Once I connected the Switch controller into Windows 11, I open the new input system but no keys are listened/recognized.
    Looking for an answer I opened in Unity: Window->Analysis->Input Debugger and I see the controller in the list of "Unsupported devices" (see image).

Everything seems to be setup, the information of the device (controller) are attached as well as a screenshot showing that the "Windows Test" receives the inputs correctly when I press the buttons/joysticks. Unfortunately Unity does not listen to it and completely ignores the device, making it impossible to configure any controller inputs.

Does anyone have an idea what I should try/install to make it work?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Vahradrim

Vahradrim

UPDATE:
    After clicking in Unity: Window->Analysis->Input debugger->Options->Add devices not listed in 'Supported devices' I was able to see the controller.
    However, it still does NOT work.

As you can see in the image below, the controller triggers a lot of events while not buttons are being pressed.
    The Input System does not recognizes any button pressed while trying to configure an input.

If anyone help me on this that would be very appreciated
    Thank you

Attached Files:

radiantboy likes this.
  3. Vahradrim

Vahradrim

RESOLVED:
    For those having this issue, I went to the Project Settings->Input System Package->Remove the Gamepad
    After that I added the Gamepad again and it works perfectly, even the "Listen" functionality works.

4. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks. I had same problem with PS4 pad, I clicked Add devices not listed in 'Supported devices' and reloaded unity, suddenly the events started coming in. I would like to try my switch pad too, did you manage to do it using a usb cable or do you use bluetooth?