Search Unity

Resolution changing to native resolution on game restart

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by catfink, Mar 12, 2019.

1. catfink

catfink

I was very pleased to see this fix in Unity 2018.3.8 .... https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ns-to-native-when-using-more-than-one-display

However on testing this with our customers it has made absolutely no difference what-so-ever.
    My customers are still experiencing the screen resolution changing to the default native resolution on a game restart. This is proving to be very frustrating.

How does one go about flagging that a supposed fix from Unity doesn't actually work?
    I've commented on it but does anybody from Unity actually read those comments?

2. catfink

catfink

Actually my customers are reporting this native resolution issue on game restart even with single monitor setups - so something is definitely hosed in Unity 2018.3 around resolution settings.

3. catfink

catfink

This is moving along - the multi monitor resolution issue is indeed fixed - however- there is another resolution issue in there where the screen display gets set to native resolution on a restart when running just a single monitor. So the issue unity said they fixed is fixed and there is still some other issue in here where resolution gets screwed up with single monitors. I guess it's progress as at least my customers on multi monitors will now get to work properly,