Search Unity

Resolution Bug in Cloud Build interface

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by mattbrandmm, Jul 26, 2019.

1. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

There is a bug in the Cloud Build UI so that when you run a WebGL Cloud Build, it gets started with a fixed resolution (which cuts off the game view on top and bottom), and you can't change the resolution the way you used to be able to - the Change View button doesn't do anything.

I emailed Unity Cloud Build support in early June about this issue, and it is still happening. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any workarounds or info?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  2. victorw

victorw

This is for WebGL builds I'm assuming? That code is pretty annoying, it breaks virtually any time the WebGL team changes anything. I'll log a ticket to take a look at it.

3. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

Yes for WebGL. Thank you!

4. MarkHenryC

MarkHenryC

Since the last report was 18 months ago, I assume it was fixed and is now broken again. Should I open a new ticket? View defaults to a rather quaint dimension of 640x480. Sizes can be selected but not changed as the Change button does nothing. Is there a way to specify the project's web template for building? That would be more useful.

5. victorw

victorw

Yeah that was fixed at the time. I'll create another ticket for fixing it yet again.

Kruemelkatze and mattbrandmm like this.
  6. MarkHenryC

MarkHenryC

OK, thanks for acting on that.

Kruemelkatze likes this.
  7. twinklapps

twinklapps

Hi @victorw, it seems we are also now experiencing the same issue as @mattbrandmm and @MarkHenryC above. Did this get fixed?

"There is a bug in the Cloud Build UI so that when you run a WebGL Cloud Build, it gets started with a fixed resolution (which cuts off the game view on top and bottom), and you can't change the resolution the way you used to be able to - the Change View button doesn't do anything." @mattbrandmm

"View defaults to a rather quaint dimension of 640x480. Sizes can be selected but not changed as the Change button does nothing." @MarkHenryC

I have noticed when you actually inspect the element of the iframe with id "gameiframe" and changed the height from 530 to 650 everything appears as expected. This shows the game window and unity's default WebGL template. We could get our testers to change this every time they open but this could be difficult for our testers with little technical skills. Is there anything we can do to fix this on our side?

Thanks,

Twinkl Apps Team

8. Meltdown

Meltdown

@victorw I'm having the same issue, surely a company that builds a game engine can stop something that keeps breaking repetitively with some sort of unit or integration tests when deploying updates?

And if that's not possible why not make the default 1280x720 or other resolution so the window is actually viewable?