Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resizing window panels often is extremely slow, sometimes only goes one direction

Discussion in 'Linux' started by MostHated, Aug 20, 2019.

1. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there,
    So far in all versions I have tried of 2019.1 and 2019.2 on Ubuntu, for the majority of window panels, if I try to resize them, it can take several seconds for the window to resize, example is if the inspector is too narrow, I go to try and widen it, or if I want to make the console taller, etc. Certain ones, such as a 3rd party addon Editor Console Pro, it has it's own horizontal divider between the console output window and the data it displays for the entry below that. If I try to adjust that up or down it works beautifully. No issue with lagging, trying to resize itself (such as below), etc.

The other curious thing is, if I have the inspector on the left side and say, console to the right of it at the bottom and the project window at the top of the console. as seen below, if I try to resize the inspector, it will immediately expand as wide as it can go to the right, shrinking the width of both the console and project windows to their minimum, and I cannot make the inspector any more narrow, it only wants to continue to try and become wider.

(I give up trying to make an ascii diagram)
    inspector forces itself ----> this way
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ---------------------------------
    2. | inspector |       project     |
    3. |           |__________________ |
    4. |           |       console     |
    5. |           |                   |
    6. ____________|__________________ |
    Thanks,
    -MH

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

3. MostHated

MostHated

Sure thing, will do. I am not using a force-vulkan flag, rather I simply set the option under the preferences. Should I instead be launching with -force-vulkan?

4. PixelJ

PixelJ

Unity Technologies

Thanks! No, just seeing if you're using it as Vulkan is known to be slow resizing.