Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resizable Window => UI elements become inactive on right hand edge

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by launchpad, Dec 16, 2014.

1. launchpad

launchpad

So I have a resizable window using the uGUI (4.6.1). Its a multi-monitor setup (1980 horiz & 2 x 1680 horiz resolutions). This becomes significant as the behaviour changes depending on which montior is set as Main Monitor.

The problem is, when a user expands the window, the buttons bound to the right hand edge become inactive. Similarly if you drag a panel towards the right hand edge, the cursor eventually drops the panel. You can "visualise" this line of interactivity by moving the cursor (still over the panel) back and forth as it moves and picks up or drops the panel.

The actual position of this dead zone is dependent which resolution monitor was main monitor when the Win Standalone project is built. Best results are with the Gameview resolution and the Default Screen in Player Setting set large (e.g 2400 x 1000), though not the entire size is active.

I have canvas scaling set to 1 with constant pixel size (I don't want to scale the elements) and I am using screen space overlay.

Best results are building using the smaller resolution monitor as main monitor (in screen resolution).

Why does some of the canvas (specifically the right hand edge) become inactive as the window is resized horizontally? What determines this active (interactable) zone?

Thanks.

2. launchpad

launchpad

[SOLVED]

Used in conjunction with:

Screen.SetResolution (Screen.width, Screen.height, false);

The window is now fully resizable across multiple monitors and the entire window's UI remains active.

It is independent of the Game View size and the default window size in player settings.