Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reset to T pose

Discussion in 'Animation' started by local306, Apr 15, 2016.

1. local306

local306

While I was in the editor, I was sliding through some animation frames for my character. I've noticed that after doing so, my character remains in whatever pose they were in last when I start my game. This kind of breaks certain things like how my camera is setup and such.

Untitled-1.png

Is there a way to clear the current pose and return to the default T pose?

2. Viniterra

Viniterra

Hi, I had discovered a way:

Look for your default model in assets, and expand it. There must be a default T-pose animation. Drag it to the Animator Controller as a new state. Then open the Animations window, select the T-pose state, and then select a frame on it. You will see that the character returns to default T-pose. You can close the animation window and delete the T-pose state you had dragged into the Animator Controller.

eobet and Darkbibni like this.
  3. JotaRata

JotaRata

This is an old thread but if anyone is lost with this, I suggest to select all of your model bones, and reset their transforms to prefab, I think this may occur when you save while you are previewing an animation.