Search Unity

Reset SteamVR actions to default?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by unity_CmzqIOgMRopC4Q, Jun 6, 2019.

1. unity_CmzqIOgMRopC4Q

unity_CmzqIOgMRopC4Q

Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this?
    I have a little bit of a mess in the SteamVR actions and want to set it to default.

Thanks in forward,

DH

2. basteos

basteos

Hi, I would like to reset steamVr actions too, did you find a solution ? :)

3. BucketShopGames

BucketShopGames

Hey guys, I have the same problem, have been playing around with the action profiles and just worked out new Steam VR 2.0 Hands and stuff, I wanted to reset the whole damn thing and start again because my skeleton hands poser was all well stuffed up.

1) I closed the project
    2) Copied all the .json files and Actions out of /Assets/SteamVR_Input ( just in case :D )
    3) Deleted everything from /Assets/SteamVR_Input folder
    4) Deleted ALL .json files from root direct ( one up from Assets ). This included action.json, all bindings_*.json

I opened the project again and went back into Steam VR Input from the top menu, it prompts you for the "missing .json"files and you can copy from default again :/

So far this worked in getting back to standard bindings, haven't tried to restore my other attempts but I think I'm going to start afresh now that I understand the Steam VR Input better now :D

Cheers

Leeroy

rocky1138 likes this.
  4. BucketShopGames

BucketShopGames

p.s. not sure if this is the "official" recommended way, but I'm not shy of brute force sometimes either :D

5. xdeer720

xdeer720

where is the root direct

6. orci

orci

You are a life saver. I messed up my steamvr stuff so then i deleted everything and impported it again but the input didnt reimport and then a lot of bad stuff happened thank you so much.

7. TonyVT

TonyVT

Thanks, it worked like a charm!
    It is fundamental to close the project or the method may not work. And in Unity 2019, I found all the *.json files in the StreamingAssets folder

8. MrPain_T

MrPain_T

I tried to create new project and copied the Default input system from there. It worked well.