Search Unity

reset serial number

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by cpcworks, Jul 24, 2014.

1. cpcworks

cpcworks

My serial number says "serial exceeds maximum number of activations" yet neither I nor my 2 team members have been able to activate it. I purchased both the pro subscription and team license.

Anyone know how I get into pro with this problem? or get my serial number to work?

2. Oscar-P

Oscar-P

Administrator

Hello.

Oscar from support here.

When you reinstall your OS or reimage your machine Unity thinks that you are activating on a completely new machine, a Unity activation holds on the old operating system. Could this be the issue?

Please send a your serial number and the name of the machines that you want to migrate from to support@unity3d.com

Name the subject as 'License Migration' and we will aim to get back to you the same day.

Kind regards,
    Oscar

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Sounds like you are sharing your serial number. That's not allowed. If you have 2 team members you'll purchase 3 licenses.

4. cpcworks

cpcworks

Its never worked since day 1, so no.

5. cpcworks

cpcworks

as for the licensees I bought pro for myself and then the team license. I am unable to add 2 team licenses to my account, so please advise on that one as I have no issue buying another one.

6. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

A team license is an add-on to your serial. It does not change the terms of the EULA which say a serial number is purchased for a single user. That user can have their copy of Unity running on any two machines they have exclusive use of. So, if you have 3 people in your team, say, you'd need 3 licenses for Unity, and they could run on 6 machines. The intention is that you can have Unity running on a PC and a Mac. Or a machine at work, and one at home. Hope this helps.