Search Unity

Reset Image Object to oringal position

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by mholmes, Jan 24, 2020.

1. mholmes

mholmes

I have a image I set to follow my mouse using this tut:
    That park works great but now I need to reset the image back to its original location. I'm grabbing the original location on start using:

<objectName>.transform.position But the issue I noticed was my image is inside a button object. So my image is a child object to my button parent. When I reset the position, its obviously not the correct location. I would like to try two options but not sure how to accomplish them.

Option 1: Move the image back to the original position inside the parent button.

Option 2: Destroy the image object and create a new one inside my parent object and position it in the original child objects position.

Obviously option 1 is preferred. Little background on what Im trying to do. I have a hammer players will pick up when they click the button. They click on a tile to smash it and the hammer should return to the original location nested inside the button. Any help would be great. Thank you

2. StarManta

StarManta

The issue here is that RectTransform (used by all UI components) has more information than transform.position on its own can control. Try something like:
    Code (csharp):
    1. RectTransform rt = (RectTransform)transform;
    2. rt.anchoredPosition = ...
    3. rt.sizeDelta = ...
    Store those variables, and reassign their starting values to reset it. You might need .anchorMin and .anchorMax as well, I'm not sure.