Search Unity

Question Reset ar foundation

Discussion in 'AR' started by izeko2004, Jul 11, 2021.

1. izeko2004

izeko2004

Is it possible to reset the ar session. If I load a none ar scene from the ar scene and go back to the ar scene. My objects are persisted. Arsession.reset() does not work and causes the app to crash.

Can anyone advise?

2. eugeneloza

eugeneloza

Hmmmm... ARSession.Reset works for me and does exactly what we want it - clears all current tracked managers and forces them to reinitialize again. The objects persist in the scene and are updated accordingly after the scene reset (however, here additional attention should be paid to make the update consistent). Note that you have to call it on ARSession instance, e.g. gameObject.GetComponent<ARSession>().Reset();

3. izeko2004

izeko2004

Ah ok. I will give this a go. I had made a property in code and then dragged the arSession onto it.

4. aravinda1879

aravinda1879

Any updates on this? I dragged the arSession to the reset button and did exactly what was on samples. But the app crashes the moment I press reset. Any possible way to clean the screen without restarting the app?

5. izeko2004

izeko2004

Try what eugeneloza says above:

you have to call it on ARSession instance, e.g. gameObject.GetComponent<ARSession>().Reset(); what eugeneloza says above:
    eugeneloza